The duality works for black holes whose near-horizon geometry can be expressed as a product of AdS3 and a single compact coordinate. The AdS/CFT duality then maps this to a two-dimensional conformal field theory (the compact coordinate being analogous to the S5 factor in Maldacena's original work), from which the correct Bekenstein entropy can then be deduced.
- Bredberg, Irene; Keeler, Cynthia; Lysov, Vyacheslav; Strominger, Andrew (2011). "Cargese Lectures on the Kerr/CFT Correspondence". arXiv: [hep-th].
- Compere, Geoffrey (24 February 2009). "Kerr/CFT: A paradigm to understand the entropy of real black holes?". Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- Castro, Alejandra; Maloney, Alexander; Strominger, Andrew (2010). "Hidden Conformal Symmetry of the Kerr Black Hole". arXiv: [hep-th].
- Compère, Geoffrey (2017). "The Kerr/CFT correspondence and its extensions". Living Rev Relativ. 20 (1). doi:10.1007/s41114-017-0003-2.
- Motl, Luboš (2010). Kerr black hole: the CFT entropy works for all M,J
- Guica, Monica; Hartmann, Thomas; Song, Wei; Strominger, Andrew (2009). "The Kerr/CFT correspondence". Phys. Rev. D. 80: 124008. Bibcode:2009PhRvD..80l4008G. arXiv: . doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.80.124008.