Kerry Brown (historian)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Brown in 2015
|Education||M.A. from Cambridge University|
Ph.D. in Chinese politics and language from Leeds University.
|Occupation||Professor of Chinese history|
|Known for||Chinese scholarship|
Kerry Brown (born 1967) is a British academic specialising in Chinese history. He was a British diplomat serving in the foreign service for many years.
He is the current Director of the Lau China Institute at King's College London. Prior to this he was the Professor of Chinese Politics and Director of the China Studies Centre at the University of Sydney. From 2011 to 2014, he led the Europe China Research and Advice Network (ECRAN) funded by the European Union.
He is an Associate Fellow on the Asia Programme at Chatham House. Brown worked in Japan and the Inner Mongolian region of China before joining the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in London in 1998. He worked in the China Section and then served as First Secretary, Beijing, from 2000 to 2003, and Head of the Indonesia East Timor Section at the FCO from 2003 to 2005.
- 2018 - China's Dream: The Culture of Chinese Communism and the Secret Sources of Its Power
- 2017 - China's World: What Does China Want
- 2016 - China's CEO: Xi Jinping
- 2015 - Berkshire Dictionary of Chinese Biography, four volumes 2014-2015, online with Oxford Reference
- 2015 - What's Wrong with Diplomacy: The Case of the UK and China
- 2014 - The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China
- 2012 - Hu Jintao: China's Silent Ruler
- 2011 - China 2020
- 2009 - Friends and Enemies: The Past, Present and Future of the Communist Party of China
- 2008 - The Rise of the Dragon – Chinese Investment Flows in the Reform Period
- 2007 - Struggling Giant: China in the 21st Century
- 李虹睿. "Brown: China now a 'central force' - EUROPE - Chinadaily.com.cn". europe.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-06-24.
- "Kerry Brown Professor of Chinese Studies and Director of the Lau China Institute at King's College London".
- King's College London.,
- Kerry Brown official website
- China's rise | Kerry Brown | TEDx/Published on Jun 26, 2019
|This article about an English historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|