||This article needs to be updated. (January 2013)|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 21st district
January 12, 2009 – January 10, 2011
|Preceded by||Tami Wiencek|
|Succeeded by||Anesa Kajtazovic|
|Alma mater||University of Iowa|
Kerry Burt is a Democratic politician, representing the 21st District in the Iowa House of Representatives. He won the election in November 2008 and was sworn in on January 12, 2009. He did not seek re-election in 2010 and was succeeded by Anesa Kajtazovic.
Burt was arrested in February 2009 in Ankeny, Iowa after driving drunk and causing an auto accident. He pleaded guilty to the charge.
He took office in January 2009 and, in April 2010, announced that he would not seek re-election for the November 2010 elections because he was legally charged with tampering with school records. Court documents alleged that Burt used an inaccurate home address in Cedar Falls to enroll his child in the school, and that using the address allowed him to avoid paying higher tuition.
- "Another historic year….". iowahouse. November 6, 2008. Archived from the original on January 8, 2009. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Tim Jamison (October 10, 2005). "Burt seeking Waterloo council seat". www.wcfcourier.com. Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Member Profile: Kerry Burt". iowahouse. February 9, 2009. Archived from the original on August 15, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "UPDATE: Kerry Burt says he won't seek re-election". WCFCourier. April 8, 2010. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Representative Kerry Burt official Iowa General Assembly site
- Kerry Burt State Representative official constituency site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|