|No. 61 Detroit Lions|
|Date of birth:||May 2, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Austin, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||Lyndon B. Johnson High School (Austin, Texas)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
|Player stats at PFR|
Hyder played linebacker and defensive end for Lyndon B. Johnson High School in Austin, TX. Hyder was ranked as a 3-star prospect by Rivals.com and held offers from Cincinnati, Iowa State, Minnesota, New Mexico, Texas Tech, Toledo, and Utah.
Hyder accepted a scholarship offer to play for Texas Tech in 2009 and redshirted his freshman season. In his redshirt freshman season in 2010, Hyder played in 11 games, and logged 13 tackles and 3.5 tackles for loss.
In 2011, Hyder started all 12 games for the Red Raiders and logged 42 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, and one forced fumble.
The 2012 season proved to be Hyder's breakout year with four organizations naming him to preseason All-Big 12 Conference lists. Hyder concluded the season with All-Big 12 Conference honors from Phil Steele, the Austin-American Statesman, the Associated Press, and CBS Sports, among others.
Hyder's senior season in 2013 began with pre-season All-Big 12 Conference listings by several organizations, as well as listings on the Lombardi Award, Bronko Nagurski Award and Outland Trophy watchlists. Hyder's senior season concluded with several All-Big 12 conference selections. Hyder logged 65 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, three forced fumbles, and two blocked kicks.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||290 lb||33 1/5 in||9 3/4 in||5.10 s||4.33 s||7.23 s||29.5 in||20 reps|
New York Jets
Hyder went undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft before signing a free agent contract with the New York Jets. He was released on August 30, 2014 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
Hyder was signed off the practice squad by the Detroit Lions on January 2, 2016. After recording 3 sacks in the Lions final preseason game in 2016, Hyder made the Lions 53 man roster. In the first game of the regular season, Hyder recorded two sacks on Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck as the Lions won 39-35. Hyder recorded 1.5 sacks in Week 2. After an ankle injury to all-pro defensive end Ezekiel Ansah, Hyder made his first career NFL start on September 25, 2016 against the Green Bay Packers in Week 3, recording another sack. Hyder was nominated as the pre game Gruden Grinder before a Monday night tilt with the Dallas Cowboys by broadcaster Jon Gruden on December 26th, 2016. Hyder finished his breakout 2016 season with 8 sacks, leading the Lions in both sacks and tackles for loss. Hyder was named the 2016 Detroit Lions Media-Friendly "Good Guy Award" winner by members of the Pro Football Writers Association and Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association.
- "Kerry Hyder Bio". Texas Tech University. Archived from the original on 13 May 2014. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Texas Tech lands four on preseason All-Big 12 football team". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "Former Tech defensive lineman Kerry Hyder signed as free agent by New York Jets". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. 11 May 2014. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- Lange, Randy (August 30, 2014). "Jets Make Final Cuts to Get to 53". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 30, 2014. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- Lange, Randy (August 31, 2014). "Seven Signed to Jets Practice Squad". New York Jets. Archived from the original on September 1, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Birkett, Dave (January 2, 2016). "Lions' Swanson on IR, DT Hyder up from practice squad". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved January 2, 2016.