Kerteh–Kuantan Port railway line
The Kerteh–Kuantan Port railway line is the only railway line in the East Coast of Peninsula Malaysia. This 77 km long 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) gauge railway line connects the Petronas oil refinery in Kerteh, Terengganu, to Kuantan Port in Kuantan, Pahang. This railway line crosses the five towns in Kemaman (Kerteh, Kemasik, Ulu Chukai, Binjai and Banggul) in Terengganu and Sungai Karang in Kuantan, Pahang. It was managed by Petronas. The rail operation was terminated on November 2010.
The line features:
- Single railway track linking the Petronas refinery complex and the nearby town Kerteh, Terengganu and Gebeng petrochemical complex in Kuantan Port in Kuantan, Pahang
- Three depots in Kerteh, Gebeng and Kuantan
- Two locomotives
- 50 wagons with a capacity of 60 metric tons each
- Two units of the BGVs
|Kerteh railway station||Cargo terminal|
|Kuantan Port railway station||Cargo terminal|
- "Notification of Termination of KTMB Operations and Maintenance Service". rosdibrhm.blogspot.my. September 1, 2010.
- "The Kertih–Kemaman–Kuantan Railroad". Invest in Pahang.
|This Malaysia rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|