Kesgrave Hall School
|Headmasters||Derek Sheppard (1975-1984), Michael Smith (1984-1992), Eric Richardson (1992-1993), and John Williams (1993)|
|Gender||Male (Single Sex)|
In December 2012, former pupils of the school came forward to describe the abuse they had suffered there during the 1980s, and their call for a new investigation was taken up and successful. In May 2014, after being questioned over allegations of sexual abuse, Kenneth Wheatley (Scott), a former care worker at the school and a convicted paedophile, was found dead. In September 2014, Alan Stancliffe died while on bail facing a fourth set of child sex allegations.
In November 2014, former language teacher, house-parent and Ofsted inspector Michael Lafford killed himself by swallowing pills when police investigating online child-abuse pornography visited his house.
In March 2016, former care staff member John McKno admitted the sexual abuse of five boys, all under 16 and one under 14, at Kesgrave Hall, Beam College in Great Torrington, Devon, and St Michael's College in Tenbury Wells, Worcs. He worked at Kesgrave Hall in the mid-1980s. On 13 May 2016, he was jailed for 14 years for that abuse.
- "Teacher guilty of sexually abusing pupil". East Anglian Daily Times. 9 November 2007. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- "Sex shame of ex-teacher". Yorkshire Evening Post. 26 November 2007. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- Josh Halliday (14 December 2012). "Former pupils call for new investigation into abuse claims at Suffolk school | Society". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Josh Halliday (14 December 2012). "Kesgrave Hall school abuse claims - video | Education | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Alexander Hanff (1986-02-16). "Kesgrave Hall school abuse claims: 'I still wake up in a panic' | Society". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-12-15.