Kesgrave High School
|Headteacher||Mr Nigel Burgoyne|
|DfE URN||136969 Tables|
The school has been awarded Eco-school status and has 20 solar panels on top of the technology block. It has been awarded the Green Flag Award, becoming the first school in the region to have achieved such a feat. A study for Sustrans noted that 61% of the pupils cycled to the school. This is largely due to the installation of a large cycle lane through the housing estate and along the main road. The school actively encourages walking or cycling and provides bicycle storage facilities.
The school has undergone extension in recent years, including the construction of a new Creative Media Department, a Communications block, a PE block and a sixth form block. The school underwent further extension in the Summer of 2013 with the demolishing of the History block, one of the oldest blocks in the school, and the building of the new humanities block which was completed in April 2014.
Ofsted rated it as good following the most recent inspection. Prior to this, the school had been rated as outstanding. Kesgrave High School was the first school in Britain to ban skirts for girls.
- "Top green marks for school - News - Ipswich Star". ipswichstar.co.uk. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Flying the green flag with pride - EA life - East Anglian Daily Times". eadt.co.uk. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "KHS goes Solar!". kesgrave.suffolk.sch.uk. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Safe Routes To Schools - Case Studies -". Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 1 March 2008.
- "Kesgrave High School - How we did it!". 2005. Retrieved 1 March 2008.[dead link]
- Jessica Nicholls. Kesgrave High sixth form opens today. www.edp24.co.uk Friday, 12 October 2001
- "Kesgrave High School report". Ofsted. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "School says girls must wear trousers | UK news | The Guardian". theguardian.com. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- BY HOLLIE-RAE MERRICK. "Ipswich: Girls banned from wearing skirts to school - News - Ipswich Star". ipswichstar.co.uk. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
|This Suffolk school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|