Kesha: My Crazy Beautiful Life
|Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||14|
|Running time||21-24 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||April 23– December 18, 2013|
Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life is an American documentary television series that aired on MTV and premiered on April 23, 2013. Kesha announced the series during the series debut of Nikki & Sara Live in January 2013. It was announced on July 26, 2013, that the series had been renewed for a second season. Season 2 premiered on October 30, 2013.
The first season of Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life chronicles Kesha as she works through all the drama and adventures in both her personal and professional life over the course of two years, during her Get $leazy Tour. Filmed by her brother Lagan Sebert and filmmaker Steven Greenstreet, it also encompasses the artist as she creates her second studio album, Warrior, and travels to various countries. Season 2 focuses primarily on Kesha's personal life, family dynamics and the situations that occur when she tries to live a normal life during a much needed break from touring.
- Kesha Sebert
- Pebe Sebert, Kesha's, Lagan's and Louie's mother
- Lagan Sebert, Kesha's older brother
- Louie Sebert, Kesha's younger brother
- Max Bernstein
- Monica Cornia, Kesha's manager
- Rio Sebert, Kesha's three-year-old nephew and Lagan's son.
- Elias Mallin
- Savannah, Kesha's best friend
- Tessa, Kesha's personal assistant
- Kalan, Kesha's cousin
- Nicole, Kesha's best friend and former assistant
- Sean, Kalan's fiancé
- Steven Tyler
|Season||Episodes||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||6||April 23, 2013||May 28, 2013|
|2||8||October 30, 2013||December 18, 2013|
Season 1 (2013)
|Title||Original air date|
|1||1||"Taking the Stage"||April 23, 2013|
|With the start of her headlining tour Kesha faces memories of a failed first love, and becomes a voice for people that have been bullied.|
|2||2||"Animal on the Hunt"||April 30, 2013|
|Despite many bumps in the road, Kesha stays determined to reach her dream of performing at Glastonbury, and accomplish her goal of finding the perfect man.|
|3||3||"Haters Gonna Hate"||May 7, 2013|
|After a mistake in her show leads to strong criticism, Kesha has to step up her game to ensure that her next show is a critical success.|
|4||4||"The End Is the Beginning"||May 14, 2013|
|As the tour comes to an end, Kesha plans to go on vacation and find inspiration for her next album, but these plans are put on hold for the biggest show of her career.|
|5||5||"A Warrior In the Making"||May 21, 2013|
|Kesha faces the challenge of making her second album and struggles to find balance between creating a new sound and remaining true to her pop roots.|
|6||6||"Ringing In the New"||May 28, 2013|
|After her album's release, Kesha kicks off a promotional tour, but faces many setbacks when a scandalous picture is leaked and one of her songs is pulled from the radio.|
Season 2 (2013)
|Title||Original air date|
|7||1||"Supernatural"||October 30, 2013|
|Kesha promotes her new album "Warrior" on her biggest tour yet, during which she faces haunted hotels, ghosts, and fears of performing her song "Supernatural" for the very first time.|
|8||2||"Assistant"||November 6, 2013|
|The Westboro Baptist Church protests one of Kesha's shows, and Kesha looks for a new assistant who can handle her crazy lifestyle and family.|
|9||3||"Bahamas"||November 13, 2013|
|Kesha takes Savannah, her best friend, on a much needed vacation to the Bahamas, with a few surprises up her sleeve. Back home, a pet psychic tends to their cranky cat, Mr. Peeps.|
|10||4||"Proposal"||November 20, 2013|
|Despite dealing with the pain of a bad break-up, Kesha goes all out to help her cousin's boyfriend plan the ultimate marriage proposal in Las Vegas.|
|11||5||"Matchmaker"||November 27, 2013|
|Kesha shops for a new and more sensible car. A matchmaker finds a man for Kesha's mom Pebe, and sets Kesha up on a blind date as well.|
|12||6||"Hoarding"||December 4, 2013|
|Kesha deals with her mother's hoarding habits and meets distant relatives in Hungary.|
|13||7||"Bear Man"||December 11, 2013|
|Kesha travels to the Alaskan wilderness to see if there is still a romantic spark between her and a rocky old flame, "Bear Man."|
|14||8||"Meet the Family"||December 18, 2013|
|Kesha finally invites Bear Man to meet her family, and the fate of their relationship is shown as season 2 concludes.|
The first season received mixed to positive reviews from critics. Metacritic, which gives reviews on a scale of 1 to 100, gave the show's first season a 55, which represents mixed or average reviews.
The episode "A Warrior in the Making", which aired on May 21, 2013, was subject to criticism from the Parents Television Council due to a short scene in which Kesha supposedly tastes her own urine.
- "MTV to Debut New All-Access Music Docu-Series "Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life" This April". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Kesha and MTV Premiere "Kesha: My Crazy Beautiful Life" on Tuesday, April 23rd at 11PM". the Futon Critic. Retrieved February 20, 2013.
- Kenneally, Tim (July 26, 2013). "TCA: MTV Orders 2 Comedies, Renews 'Kesha'". The Wrap.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 25, 2013). "MTV to Premiere New Season of the Hit Musical Docu-Series 'Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life' on October 30 at 10:30PM". TV by the Numbers (Press release).
- Montgomery, James. "Ke$ha Brings 'My Crazy Beautiful Life' To MTV: Watch A Preview!". Viacom International Inc. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Exton, Emily. "Ke$ha’s Glittery, "Crazy Beautiful" Life Coming To Television This April". Vh1. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Ke$ha Reality Show: MTV Orders 'Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life'". AOL-HuffPost TV Group. January 30, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Brown, Laurel. "'Kesha: My Crazy Beautiful Life' docu-series coming to MTV.". Zap2it. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Bricker, Tierney. "Ke$ha to Star in MTV Docu-Series Filmed by Her Brother: Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life". E!. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Exley, Jennifer. "MTV Sets Ke$ha Docu-Series Premiere Date, Reveals Extended Preview (Video)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 4 March 2013.
- "Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life - Season 1 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- James, Nicole (May 22, 2013). "Ke$ha's Urine-Drinking Stunt Pissed Off the Parents Television Council". Fuse.