This article may have too many section headers dividing up its content. (July 2016)
Administration and politics
Keshav Puram is in the constituency represented by MLC Mr Rajesh Gupta of the Aam Aadami Party The area falls under the Wazirpur jurisdiction (No.17) of Delhi. Keshav Puram falls under the Chandni Chowk Constituency, presently represented in the Lok Sabha by Dr. Harsh vardhan,BJP. It is a ward of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. The constituent blocks of Keshav Puram are all represented by Resident Welfare Associations.
After the delimitation of assembly constituencies, Keshav Puram now falls under the Wazirpur assembly constituency. In the 2008 election, Congress candidate Hari Shankar Gupta defeated BJP's Mange Ram Garg. Ex-MLA Anil Bhardwaj of Congress, who happens to be a resident of Keshav Puram, represents the Tri Nagar assembly constituency, and defeated BJP's Dr. Nand Kishore Garg on two consecutive occasions.
Underpass linking the Ring Road & Keshav Puram is now functional. It is connected to the Ring Road also through the Wazirpur Depot (known as Netaji Subhash Place). Sarai Rohilla and shakurbasti are the two nearestest railway station to Keshav Puram.
- Government Boys Senior Secondary School
- Government Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya No.1
- Mata Shiv Devi Public School
- Tyagi Public School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Keshav Puram
- District Institute of Education and training
- Campus of open learning University of Delhi
Apart from several private clinics and medical consultancies, there are several hospitals in and around the neighborhood. These are listed below:
- Delhi Government Dispensary
- Deenbandhu Chottu Ram Dispensary (also offers homeopathic treatments)
- Max Hospital (in Netaji Subhash Place)
- Sunder Lal Jain Hospital (in Ashok Vihar)
Industry in Keshav Puram includes meat warehousing, and plastics fibre-glass production, and food production. A notable company in Keshav Puram is Britannia Industries. Previously Keshav Puram was also the site for Kwality, a producer of frozen desserts. The area has many cold storage facilities.
Sports and recreation
The Keshav Puram Cricket Club plays in the President’s Estate Friendship Challenge League. Healthways has a swimming pool and a fitness centre. Keshav Puram has many parks, including the Mazdoor Park (also referred as Hathoda Ram Park for a statue depicting a laborer wielding a large hathoda i.e. hammer). There is also a fitness center in one of the parks near Keshav Puram Subzi Mandi. The Dhyan Chand sports complex houses facilities for many sports, such as swimming and tennis, and is located in neighboring Ashok Vihar.
Keshav Puram has elederly recreation centre, namely Varishth Nagrik Manoranjan Kendra at C4 block. Keshav Puram has a local police station, which also serves the neighboring areas in northwest Delhi. There is a hospital under construction. Keshav Puram has two commercial zones, namely the Aggarwal Modern Bazaar and R G. The area also has two petrol stations.
There are multiple movie theaters in and around Keshav Puram. These are at Shakurpur (Samrat Cinema), Anand Parbat (Liberty), Azadpur (Alpna), Shadipur (Satyam), Karampura (Milan), Fun Cinemas (Netaji Subash Place), DT Cinemas (Shalimar Bagh) and Moti Nagar (Natraj), all within a radius of 5 km, screening mostly Hindi films. Many cultural events are held regularly at Keshav Puram, including the Ram Leela. The life of Lord Rama is enacted on a podium, and organised on a large scale, with 4,000 to 5,000 daily viewers. Many other programs are held in the locality, such as the Khatu Shyam Sandhya and several Haryanvi cultural presentations. The Hasya Kavi Sammelan, which takes places on the occasion of Agrasen Jayanti, is also a regular feature. In addition to this, cultural programs are organised annually during the festivals of Janamashtmi and Holi.
There also many temples in this area. Some of them are Shiv Mandir, Sanatan Dharam Mandir, Gurudwara Singh Sabha, Shiv Mandir -Pardeshwar Dham, Sai Mandir and many more. All these temples organise special programs during the festivals and the whole community participates in it.
- "Booked for receiving stolen property". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2005-06-04. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Congress list for MCD by-polls". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2004-06-07. Retrieved 2008-07-18.[dead link]
- Shrivastava, Arun (2004-02-21). "Tri Nagar-Rithala Metro by March 31". The Times of India. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "60 GPS-fitted Metro feeder buses soon". The Times of India. 2007-05-23. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "13-year-old found hanging in school". The Indian Express. 2003-04-10. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Board Results". The Times of India. 2002-07-01. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Principal held for fraud". The Times of India. 2004-10-20. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Cow slaughter issue turns MCD panel meet into war zone, BJP men bicker". The Times of India. 2005-07-16. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "NDPL conducts raids, detects major theft". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2006-06-24. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "In a Glass of its own". The Indian Express. 1998-11-05. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Keshav Puram Club win". The Tribune. 2004-01-21. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "Enforcement teams get mixed reception". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2000-12-19. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "36 new hospitals to come up in Delhi". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2007-04-29. Retrieved 2008-07-18.