Keta Senior High Technical School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Keta Senior High Technical School|
P.O. Box KW 122
Keta - Dzelukope
|School type||Public High School|
|Established||27 February 1953|
|Sister school||Ketasco Basic|
|School board||Board of Directors|
|School district||Keta Municipal District|
|Oversight||Ghana Education Service|
|Authorizer||Ministry of Education|
|Headmaster||D.K. Sedanu Kwawu|
|Average class size||35|
|Education system||Senior High|
|Hours in school day||9|
|Colour(s)||Khaki and Khaki|
|Slogan||Now or Never|
Keta Senior High Technical School (Ketasco) formerly Keta Secondary School is a mixed Public Senior High School located at Dzelukope a town in the Keta Municipal District of the Volta Region, Ghana The school has a student population of about 2,800 and a teaching staff strength of 110 as at 2017, Ketasco is the biggest school in Volta Region and one of the biggest in Ghana. The motto of the school is DZO LALI with the slogan Now or Never. The Eagle at the main gate is to remind students to always be like the Eagle.
Ketasco was established on the 27th of February, 1953, when some personalities were commissioned to start a day institution that would serve as a catchment school for the hosts of elementary schools scattered all over Keta. The school began in a rented house just opposite the (Kudzawu's House) premises of the present Electricity Company of Ghana at Dzelukorpe. Ketasco started with Nathan Quao, the educator, civil servant and diplomat as the Founding Headmaster and Twenty-two pioneering pupils. In 1961 the school moved to its present and permanent site.
The table below shows the list headmasters since the school was established and their tenure of office.
|Name||Tenure of Office|
|Mr. F.C.K Agbakey||2017 - Present|
|Mr. D. K. Sedanu-Kwawu||2007–2017|
|Mr. D. O. Gbagbo||2005–2007|
|Mr. J. Y. Deku||1990–2005|
|Mr. C. K. Mensah||1988–1990|
|Mr. J. A. K. Kaleku||1984–1988|
|Mr. C. K. Mensah||1983–1984|
|Mr. F. Y. Amuzu||1970–1983|
|Mr. R. E. K. Matanawui||1963–1970|
|Mr. J. W. Abruquah||1957–1963|
|Mr. Nathan Quao||1953–1956|
- General Science
- General Arts
- Home Economics
- Visual Arts
- Agricultural Science
There are four houses in the school which cater for males and females plus additional an hostel built by the Parent Teachers Association (PTA).The four traditional houses are:
Quao is the premier House of Ketasco, named after the first Headmaster of the school Nathan Quao . It is called House One. The colour is Green and the Motto is FIRST AMONG EQUALS. It is sited very close to the main gate of the school. It is headed by Housemaster and three House Captains. At the girl's side, Quao House has a House mistress and three House Captains. The same structure is maintained in the three other houses. And the Housemaster,Mr Foga Nukunu
It is also known as House Two. It was named after the first Chairman of the Board of Governors, Late Rev. Dr F. K Fiawoo. The colour is Blue. And the Housemaster Mr Francis Egbenya
The third Headmaster of Ketasco was J. W Abruquah. The colour is Yellow. It is sited very close to the school gate. And the Housemaster,Mr Evance Dzokanda
This House is the House with the RED. It was named in honour of Lieutenant General E.K Kotoka], who led the 1966 Coup d'etat. And the Housemaster,Mr Paul Kobla Heloo
Note: Quao and Abruquah are also referred to as City while Kotoka and Fiawoo are called Zongo.
It was funded by the PTA. It is a modern edifice which houses only boys who could not get admission into the traditional houses.
- In 2011 Ketasco won the National Constitution Game Competition.
- Ketasco won the National Human Rights Competition(December 2007) whipping PRESEC Legon in the Semi Finals.
- In 2014, Ketasco won the Sprite Ball Basketball Competition
- In 2014, Ketasco won the Montreal Protocol National Quiz Competition organized at Ola Senior High Secondary School.
- Ketasco was the first runner up for the Constitution Game Competition for three times.
- The school has won the Volta Regional Championship in the Constitution Game for four times.
- Ketasco has won the Regional Project Citizen contest.
- The school has shown class in the National Science and Maths Quiz over the years. In 2017, they ousted a highly rated Opoku Ware School with 52 points as the against 37.
- In 2017, Keatsco took the App Silver award at the MTN APP Developer Challenger. 
- In 2008,Ketasco were the first Volta region school to reach semi-finals and end in the fourth place
- "A BRIEF HISTORY". ketasco.com. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "KETASCO 2000 gives back to Alma Mater". 2016-07-17. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "School History". Ketasco 1985 Year Group. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- "KETASCO wins Sprite Ball competition". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- Adogla-Bessa, Delali (2017-06-21). "#NSMQ2017: KETASCO into quarterfinal after knocking out Opoku Ware". Ghana News. Retrieved 2017-06-23.