Ketan Parekh is a former stock broker from Mumbai, India, who was convicted in 2008, for involvement in the Indian stock market manipulation scam in late 1999-2001. Currently he has been debarred from trading in the Indian stock exchanges till 2017. He was trainee of Harshad Mehta.
Though Parekh is currently barred from stock trading, in 2009, the Securities and Exchange Board of India alleged a variety of companies and other actors were trading on behalf of Parekh; 26 entities were banned from trading as a result of that investigation. In March 2014 he was convicted by a special CBI court in Mumbai for cheating and sentenced to two years rigorous imprisonment.
- "India court gives Ketan Parekh 1yr prison in 1992 scam". Reuters. 1 April 2008. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "SEBI finds Ketan Parekh funds in markets, seeks ED probe". The Hindu. 4 June 2009. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Sebi settles HFCL share price rigging case with consent order". livemint.com. 8 February 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "Stock broker Ketan Parekh gets 2 yrs’ RI". The Statesman. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Ketan Parekh sentenced to 2 years RI by CBI court". Financial Express. 2012-06-12. Retrieved 2014-03-04.