Ugo Gabriele aka Ketty (born July 10, 1981 in Naples) is a reputed Camorra figure. Gabriele, a femminiello and member of the Camorra crime family, was reported as the first transgender mafia figure following an arrest by Naples police in February 2009. According to authorities, Gabriele is a small-time capo behind a drug and prostitution ring for the Scissionisti di Secondigliano clan of the Camorra.
She pushed large quantities of drugs for Camorra boss Paolo Di Lauro, but since Di Lauro's arrest and the so-called Scampia feud between Camorra gangs, she did not need to answer to anyone anymore. Her elder brother, Salvatore Gabriele, is one of the Camorristi that graduated to become a boss. He wanted to extend his activities traveling the up and down Italy, supplying large- and small-scale dealers, and left her to run things at Scampia.
- (Italian) Arrestato il Latitante Ugo Gabriele alias Ketty…
- Cross-dressing mob suspect arrested, UPI, February 2009.
- Italian police arrest first known transsexual mafia mobster, Daily Telegraph, February 13, 2009.
- Transvestite Mafia man arrested in world first, Metro UK, February 13, 2009.
- "The GodMOTHER: Transsexual Mafia boss who wears lipstick and calls himself Ketty arrested by Italian police,", London Daily Mail Online, February 13, 2009.
- Transgender Gang Boss Arrested, Corriere della Sera, February 13, 2009
- (Italian) Presa Ketty, boss «femminiello», Corriere della Sera, February 13, 2009
|This Italian biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|