||It has been suggested that Kevelaer station be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since January 2016.|
|• Mayor||Dominik Pichler (SPD)|
|• Total||100.6 km2 (38.8 sq mi)|
|• Density||280/km2 (720/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Postal codes||47623 47627|
|Dialling codes||0 28 32|
Kevelaer is a municipality in the district of Kleve, in North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany. It is the best visited Catholic pilgrimage location within north-western Europe. More than 1 million pilgrims, mostly from Germany and the Netherlands, visit Kevelaer every year to honour the Virgin Mary. The population (as of 2011) is 28,873.
- Franz-Peter Tebartz-van Elst (born 1959), German prelate of the Catholic Church and theologian.
- Markus Meurer (born 1959), German outsider artist.
- Official site
- “Build Me A Chapel On This Spot”
- "Welcome to Pilgrimage centre of Kevelaer". Wallfahrtsleitung Kevelaer. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "The Pilgrimage Site of Kevelaer". Unverwechselbar Kevelaer. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kevelaer.|
|This Kleve district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|