Kevin Allen (author)
Kevin Allen, (b. Sept. 17, 1954, United States) is an American bestselling author, business growth consultant and speaker. He has written two books, The Hidden Agenda: A Proven Way to Win Business and Create a Following (2012), which was a Wall Street Journal bestseller, and The Case of the Missing Cutlery: A Leadership Course for the Rising Star (2013) both published by Bibliomotion.
In his career in business development Kevin Allen was recognized as “one of the advertising industry’s most accomplished growth professionals” in American Express OPEN Forum. and held positions with McCann Worldgroup, The Interpublic Group, Lowe Worldwide.
- McCann Worldgroup - Executive Vice President, Worldwide Director of Global Accounts
- McCann Worldgroup - Executive Vice President, Director of Corporate Development
- Interpublic Group - Chief Growth Officer
- Lowe Worldwide - Vice Chairman
In all roles, Allen was responsible for spearheading multinational new business initiatives and integrated marketing campaigns to key global clients. For example, during his time at McCann Worldgroup, Allen led the team responsible for a number of global new business wins including MasterCard, Siemens, Microsoft Europe and Lufthansa. He was responsible for the cross-discipline servicing of multinational accounts like L'Oreal, GM, Unilever and Nestle. As Lowe Worldwide Vice Chairman he played a pivotal role in the turnaround that named the company Ad Age’s “Turnaround Agency of the Year” in 2009.
|Subject||Advertising, Marketing, Sales, Economics, Business Communications|
Allen's debut book, The Hidden Agenda: A Proven Way to Win Business and Create a Following (published by Bibliomotion, April 2012) is aimed at sharing his own insights into the world of sales and marketing The book shares techniques Allen used as a "pitch man" working for advertising holding companies, specifically noting experiences with major brands such as MasterCard, Lufthansa, Marriott International, Johnson & Johnson, Rudy Giuliani and others.
- "This entertaining book moves at a rapid clip and is full of lively anecdotes of hard-won advertising campaigns. From Mastercard's iconic "Priceless" campaign to Rudy Giuliani's mayoral campaign, Kevin Allen has seen first-hand how to effectively find, connect, and speakto the Hidden Agenda to win business unfailingly, every time." Google Books review, 17 April 2012
Allen's second book, The Case of the Missing Cutlery: A Leadership Course for the Rising Star, weaves a "Gladwellian" personal anecdote involving missing cutlery into a course on emotionally intelligent leadership. Allen discusses the case of the missing cutlery on BBC Radio's Four Thought talk series on July 7, 2013.
rekap Inc. and EI Games
In 2010, Allen created a growth consulting firm KevinAllenPartners Company. In June 2012 KevinAllenPartners Company rebranded under the name rekap Inc. specialising in growth readiness, leadership and business training. The company has offices in London, England and New York City, New York. In 2013, he launched EI Games LLC, which specializes in award-winning emotional intelligence leadership and sales training games.
Allen is a visiting lecturer at Columbia University Graduate School of Business, the Cass School of Business and the European Business School at Regents College London and is a contributor to the Harvard Business Review.
- rekap Ltd. Company Website
- May, Matthew E. (10 Apr 2012). "5 Secrets to Creating a Winning". OPEN Forum. Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.
- "Kevin Allen Joins Lowe Worldwide as Vice Chairman". The Interpublic Group. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Allen, Kevin (16 May 2012). "To Get the Job, Find the Hidden Agenda". CNN. Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.
- McMains, Andrew (21 May 2012). "This Man Gets in People's Heads". Adweek. Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.
- Fisher, Anne (18 May 2012). "Tapping into Customers' Emotions: Priceless". Crain's New York Business. Retrieved 26 Sep 2012.
- "New Global Leadership Team for Naked Communications". Naked Communications. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Clark, Dorie (31 May 2012). "The Secret to Winning New Business". Forbes. Retrieved 26 Sep 2012.
- Allen, Kevin (30 Apr 2012). "The Demise of the Business Façade". Businessweek. Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.
- Bliss, Rob (12 June 2012). "How to Pitch a Campaign (Watching AMC's The Pitch Doesn't Count!)". The Washington Times Communities. Retrieved 26 Sep 2012.
- Review: The Hidden Agenda. Google Books. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Jefferson, Nick (18 June 2013). "Kevin Allen's The Buoyant Leader: A Review". Huffington Post.
- "Kevin Allen Partners becomes re:kap". rekap Ltd. 2012. Archived from the original on 1 February 2013. Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.
- "How Language Shapes Your Organization". Harvard Business Review. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 20 Sep 2012.