Amuneke playing for Öster in 2012.
|Full name||Kevin Onyekachi Amuneke|
|Date of birth||10 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Eze Obodo, Nigeria|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 December 2015.
Amuneke was born in Eze Obodo. After starting out at S.L. Benfica and FC Porto, representing only the youth teams in the first case and the youths and the reserves in the second, he began his professional career in Sweden with Landskrona BoIS (where he played alongside brother Kingsley) and, after two years, returned to Portugal, appearing for Vitória de Setúbal in the Primeira Liga.
On 21 May 2007 Amuneke, after cancelling out his contract unilaterally, agreed to join PFC CSKA Sofia in Bulgaria, for about €400,000. However, he returned to Sweden in December of the same year to play for IFK Norrköping in the top level – the transfer fee was this time reported as €300,000.
After a brief stint in Romania with FC Politehnica Timișoara, Amuneke moved back to Portugal, signing with Madeira's C.D. Nacional in early July 2009. Not having been used at all during the first part of the 2010–11 season, he was released by the club, resuming his career with Östers IF in the Superettan.
Amuneke's older brothers, Emmanuel and Kingsley, were also footballers. The former, a winger, played amongst others for Sporting Clube de Portugal and FC Barcelona, and was also a Nigerian international.
- "Irmão de Amunike brilha nas camadas jovens do Benfica" [Amunike brother shines in Benfica's youth system]. Record. 18 February 2000. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Amuneke: "Tentarei chegar ao nível do meu irmão"" [Amuneke: "I will try to reach the level of my brother"]. Record. 22 September 2006. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Três ainda à espera de certificação" [Three still waiting for certificate]. Record. 25 August 2006. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Amuneke no CSKA de Sófia à revelia dos sadinos" [Amuneke in CSKA Sofia without the sadinos consent]. Record. 12 June 2007. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Amuneke vai ser reforço" [Amuneke will be an addition]. Record. 4 July 2009. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Amuneke está por colocar" [Amuneke awaits relocation]. Record. 5 July 2010. Retrieved 10 February 2015.