Amuneke playing for Öster in 2012.
|Full name||Kevin Onyekachi Amuneke|
|Date of birth||10 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Eze Obodo, Nigeria|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 1⁄2 in)|
|2016||Ballynure Old Boys||8||(12)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 March 2017.
Amuneke was born in Eze Obodo. After starting out at S.L. Benfica and FC Porto, representing only the youth teams in the first case and the youths and the reserves in the second, he began his professional career in Sweden with Landskrona BoIS (where he played alongside brother Kingsley) and, after two years, returned to Portugal, appearing for Vitória F.C. in the Primeira Liga.
On 21 May 2007, after cancelling out his contract unilaterally, Amuneke agreed to join PFC CSKA Sofia in Bulgaria for about €400,000. However, he returned to Sweden in December of the same year to play for IFK Norrköping in the top level – the transfer fee was this time reported as €300,000.
After a brief stint in Romania with FC Politehnica Timișoara, Amuneke moved back to Portugal, signing with Madeira's C.D. Nacional in early July 2009. Not having been used at all during the first part of the 2010–11 season, he was released by the club, resuming his career with Östers IF in the Superettan.
Amuneke rarely settled in the following years, representing in quick succession Trelleborgs FF (Sweden), C.D. Tondela (Portugal), FK Sloboda Užice (Serbia) and IS Halmia (Sweden). On 21 December 2016, after a stint at Ballynure Old Boys of the Ballymena & Provincial Football League, he moved to the NIFL Premiership having agreed a short-term deal at Linfield.
Amuneke's older brothers, Emmanuel and Kingsley, were also footballers. The former, a winger, played amongst others for Sporting Clube de Portugal and FC Barcelona, and was also a Nigerian international.
- "Irmão de Amunike brilha nas camadas jovens do Benfica" [Amunike brother shines in Benfica's youth system]. Record. 18 February 2000. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Amuneke: "Tentarei chegar ao nível do meu irmão"" [Amuneke: "I will try to reach the level of my brother"]. Record. 22 September 2006. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Três ainda à espera de certificação" [Three still waiting for certificate]. Record. 25 August 2006. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Amuneke no CSKA de Sófia à revelia dos sadinos" [Amuneke in CSKA Sofia without the sadinos consent]. Record. 12 June 2007. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Amuneke vai ser reforço" [Amuneke will be an addition]. Record. 4 July 2009. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Amuneke está por colocar" [Amuneke awaits relocation]. Record. 5 July 2010. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Scott, Carl-Gustaf (16 September 2015). African Footballers in Sweden: Race, Immigration, and Integration in the Age of Globalization. Springer. ISBN 978-1-1375-3509-2.