Kevin B. Quinn
|Kevin B. Quinn, Jr.|
Goucher College (BA)|
Johns Hopkins University (MPP)
|Occupation||CEO and Administrator of the Maryland Transit Administration (2017–incumbent)|
|Employer||Maryland Department of Transportation|
|Honours||Mass Transit's Top 40 Under 40 (2016)|
Quinn graduated from Goucher College with a bachelor's degree in Political Science and Government in 2001. He then earned a Master of Public Policy from Johns Hopkins University. Since 2007, Quinn is a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners.
Quinn worked as the Mid-Atlantic Regional Planning Manager for the STV Group of Baltimore where he was focused on transportation planning. In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Quinn oversaw the development of grants winning $1.5 billion for infrastructure repair New York City Transit Resiliency and Recovery Grants.
Maryland Transit Administration
Quinn joined the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) in 2014 as the BaltimoreLink Implementation Manager. In this capacity, Quinn directed the divisions of Project Development, Environmental Planning and Capital Programming and managed Governor Hogan's $135 million rebranding and design of the Baltimore regional bus system. Immediately prior to his appointment, Quinn served as the Director of Planning and Programming. In this role, Quinn oversaw the $3.6 billion capital program and managed grant coordination with the Federal Transit Administration.
Quinn was recognized as one of Mass Transit Magazine's 2016 Top 40 under 40 in transportation for innovation and leadership.
In June 2017, Quinn succeed Paul Comfort as the CEO and Administrator of the MTA. On his appointment, Governor Larry Hogan stated "Kevin is a smart transportation professional who has proven time and time again he knows how to make great things happen for the customers he serves, the State of Maryland will truly benefit from this transit expertise and his ability to turn ideas into real-world solutions."
- "Governor Hogan Names Kevin Quinn MDOT MTA Administrator". Informed Infrastructure. 2017-08-21. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- "About the MTA | Maryland Transit Administration". mta.maryland.gov. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- "MTA's Acting Administrator and CEO Kevin Quinn to speak at GBC's Newsmaker Breakfast on June 21". Greater Baltimore Regional Business Leaders | GBC. 2017-06-07. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- "Governor Hogan Names Kevin Quinn MDOT MTA Administrator". Mass Transit. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- Zumer, Bryna. "MTA administrator is replaced, as new BaltimoreLink bus system rolls out". WBFF. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- editor, Mischa Wanek-Libman,. "Maryland Transit Administration shuffles top leadership". Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- "MTA Announces Change In Leadership". wbal.com. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- "2016 Top 40 Under 40: Kevin B. Quinn, Jr., AICP". Mass Transit. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- Aratani, Lori (2017-06-12). "Could nearly $70K in custom furniture purchases have factored into the departure of Maryland's top transit official?". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- Dresser, Michael. "Two weeks before Baltimore bus route overhaul, MTA chief is replaced". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- Campbell, Colin. "New MTA head Kevin Quinn: 'We're ready for launch' of BaltimoreLink". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
(as Chief Executive Officer)
| Chief Executive Officer & Administrator
Maryland Transit Administration