|Date of birth:||March 20, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Stone Mountain, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||216 lb (98 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2013|
Kevin Lamar Cone (born March 20, 1988 in Stone Mountain, Georgia) is a retired American football wide receiver who is currently the Assistant Director of Football Operations at Georgia Tech. He was signed by the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2011.
Cone went to St. Pius X High School in Atlanta, Georgia. After he graduated high school he attended Shorter College and played football during the 2006 and 2007 seasons. He transferred to Georgia Tech and joined their football program as a walk-on in April 2008. After a redshirt year, he was awarded a football scholarship in August 2009.
Cone obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Tech on Dec. 18, 2010. Cone also studied for a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Management at Georgia State University.
Cone was not selected in the NFL draft. After graduation, he began work with Westinghouse as an intern in Pittsburg. During this period, he trained with other NFL hopefuls waiting for future football opportunities.
Cone received his opportunity as undrafted free agent when the Atlanta Falcons added him to their roster after it was depleted by injuries in preseason camp. He spent most of his first year on the Falcons practice squad, but did get into a game late in the season.
Cone played in 29 games with the Atlanta Falcons from 2011- 2013. He played primarily on special teams, but did catch a 49 yard touchdown in a pre-season game against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Aug 30, 2012.
Cone was released by the Atlanta Falcons on March 19, 2014.
He retired from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2016 and briefly worked as Mechanical Engineer for Morrison Hershfield. In January 2017, Cone accepted the position of Assistant Director of Football Operations at Georgia Tech.
Cone is the son of Ronny and Janet Cone. Both his parents graduated from Georgia Tech and his father played football at Tech from 1979-83. He has one brother named Zach and one sister named Amy.
- "Kevin Cone, WR for the Atlanta Falcons". NFL. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Player Bio: Kevin Cone- Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site". Ramblinwreck. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "2010 Georgia Tech Football Info Guide" (PDF). Georgia Tech Athletic Association. Sep 23, 2010.
- "Kevin Cone info". ramblinwreck.com. Georgia Tech Athletic Association.
- Winkeljohn, Matt. "Winding Road Brings Cone Back to The Flats". ramblinwreck.com. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
- "Kevin Cone 49 yard touchdown run". YouTube. NFL. Aug 30, 2012.
- Gantt, Darin (April 2, 2014). "Former Falcons wideout Kevin Cone heading to Miami". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-08-30.
- Miami Dolphins on Twitter
- Alper, Josh (August 30, 2015). "Dolphins make 11 cuts on way to 75 players". NBCSports.com. Retrieved October 4, 2015.
- Sugiura, Ken. "Tech football staff hires includes a familiar name". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 30 April 2017.