Kevin Conway (actor)
|Born||Kevin John Conway
May 29, 1942
New York City, New York, United States
Conway was born in New York City, the son of Helen Margaret (née Sanders), a sales representative, and James John Conway, a mechanic. In his first major screen role, he portrayed Roland Weary in the 1972 film Slaughterhouse-Five, based on the novel by Kurt Vonnegut.
Conway's off-Broadway credits include One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, One for the Road, The Elephant Man, Other People's Money, and When You Comin' Back, Red Ryder?, for which he received the 1974 Drama Desk Award for one of the greatest performances ever seen Off Broadway. On Broadway, he has appeared in Indians, Moonchildren, and in revivals of The Plough and the Stars, Of Mice and Men (as George Milton, opposite James Earl Jones as Lennie Small), and Dinner at Eight. In 1980, he was nominated for the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Director of a Play (Mecca).
In 1987, Conway directed the independent film The Sun and the Moon. Among other film roles, Conway played Crum Petree, the insane mailman in the 1988 film Funny Farm, Frank Papale in the fact-based 2006 Disney football drama Invincible and General Curtis LeMay in the 2000 political thriller Thirteen Days. Conway also played the fictional Irish Sergeant Buster Kilrain in Ron Maxwell's Civil War Duology: Gods and Generals and Gettysburg.
From 1995 to 2002, he was the Control Voice for the revived series of The Outer Limits. He made a guest appearance on Star Trek: The Next Generation as the clone of the legendary Klingon figure Kahless. He also guest starred on The Good Wife as Jonas Stern, the main character's former boss. He also portrayed Seamus O'Reily, the abusive father of Ryan and Cyril O'Reily in the HBO prison drama Oz. He was a guest star on JAG in the episode "King of Fleas" portraying a paraplegic Vietnam vet who confessed to a murder. He has also guest starred on three Law & Order series, the original series, two guest appearances on Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and one on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He also guest starred in the second season of In the Heat of the Night. He also played the father of Jenny (played by Olivia Wilde) in NBC's The Black Donnellys in 2007.
- Slaughterhouse-Five (1972), in the role of Roland Weary
- Portnoy's Complaint (1972), in the role of Smolka
- F.I.S.T. (1978), in the role of Vince Doyle
- Paradise Alley (1978), in the role of Stitch
- The Scarlet Letter (1979), in the role of Roger Chillingworth
- The Lathe of Heaven (1980), in the role of Dr. Wiliam Haber
- The Funhouse (1981), in three roles, including that of Conrad Straker the Funhouse Barker
- The Elephant Man (1982) as Frederick Treves
- Miami Vice episode "Walk-Alone" (first aired October 17, 1986) as a corrupt prison warden
- Funny Farm (1988), in the role of Crum Petree
- Homeboy (1988), in the role of Grazziano
- One Good Cop (1991), in the role of Lieutenant Danny Quinn
- Jennifer 8 (1992) in the role of Chief Citrine
- Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Rightful Heir" (1992), in the role of Kahless the Unforgettable's clone
- Gettysburg (1993), in the role of Sgt. Buster Kilrain
- Streets of Laredo, (1995), in the role of Mox Mox
- The Quick and the Dead (1995), in the role of Eugene Dred
- Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace (1996) as Jonathan Walker
- Looking for Richard (1996), in the role of William Hastings
- Titanic (1996 miniseries), Hudson J. Allison.
- Mercury Rising (1998), in the role of Joe Lomax
- The Outer Limits (1995–2002), in the role of the control voice
- Oz (1999–2003), in the role of Seamus O'Reily
- Two Family House (2000), in the role of Jim O'Neary
- Thirteen Days (2000), in the role of Gen. Curtis LeMay
- Black Knight (2001), in the role of King Leo
- Mark Twain (2001) as the voice of Mark Twain
- Gods and Generals (2003), reprising the role of Sgt. Buster Kilrain
- Mystic River (2003), in the role of Theo (uncredited)
- Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson (documentary) (2005), as the voice of Jack London
- Invincible (2006), in the role of Frank Papale
- The Bronx Is Burning (2007) in the role of Gabe Paul
- The National Parks: America's Best Idea (2009) as the voice of various historical figures
- The Dust Bowl (2012) as the voice of Ernie Pyle
- Kevin Conway Biography
- Episode 1.19 - "Boom", and other episode(s), http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/04/good-wife-episode-119-boom-press.html.
- JAG Season 3