Kevin Curtis (safety)
July 28, 1980 |
Frankfurt, West Germany
|Alma mater||Texas Tech University|
|2002-2004||San Francisco 49ers|
|2004||Green Bay Packers|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|2008-2009||Navarro College (CBs)|
|2010-2012||Louisiana Tech (CBs)|
|2013-2015||Texas Tech (DBs)|
|2016-present||Louisiana Tech (CBs)|
Curtis played safety for the Texas Tech Red Raiders from 1998-2002. He was named second-team All-American for his junior and senior seasons, and was a three time All-Big 12 selection. During the 1999 season, he was named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week following a Red Raider victory against Colorado and was named to the Jim Thorpe Award watchlist prior to the 2000 season. He graduated in 2002 with a degree in Restaurant and Hotel Management.
Curtis was originally selected in the fourth round of the 2002 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers, where he spent three seasons. He has also been a member of the Green Bay Packers, Oakland Raiders, Cologne Centurions and Houston Texans.
Curtis began his coaching career in 2008 at Navarro College where he served two seasons as secondary coach. He was named cornerbacks coach at Louisiana Tech University under coach Sonny Dykes on February 22, 2010. Dykes was an assistant at Texas Tech during Curtis's college playing career. In his second season at Louisiana Tech, the secondary ranked third nationally in interceptions and pick-6s.
In November 2015, Curtis was dismissed from Texas Tech.
- "Kevin Curtis Profile". Texas Tech University. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "Louisiana Tech Football Announces Additions to Coaching Staff". LATechSports.com. 2010-02-22. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- Williams, Don. "Kingsbury starts Tech staff with former Red Raiders". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- Silva, Carlos (November 29, 2015). "http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2015-11-29/texas-tech-coaches-mike-smith-kevin-curtis-wont-return-next-season#.Vpk2UFLLIso". Lubbock Avalanche Journal. Retrieved January 15, 2016. External link in
- Isabella, Sean (January 15, 2016). "Ex-Texas Tech coach Kevin Curtis coming back to Ruston". The News-Star. Retrieved January 15, 2016.