Kevin D. Williamson
|Kevin D. Williamson|
Kevin D. Williamson hosting a FreedomFest panel in 2016
Kevin Daniel Williamson|
September 18, 1972
Amarillo, Texas, U.S.
Kevin Daniel Williamson (born September 18, 1972) is an American conservative commentator. He is the theater critic for The New Criterion.
Williamson previously worked at the Mumbai-based Indian Express Group, the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Journal Register Newspapers, and the Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University, where he directed the journalism and communication programs, and as an adjunct professor at The King's College. Williamson was the editor of The Bulletin, a former daily newspaper in Philadelphia.
In 2018, Williamson briefly joined The Atlantic; his employment was terminated following public criticism focused particularly on a 2014 Twitter discussion in which he suggested hanging as a criminal punishment for abortion and his reiteration of this suggestion on his National Review podcast in 2014. Williamson later wrote that his comments had been intended to "mak[e] a point about the sloppy rhetoric of the abortion debate" rather than promote capital punishment.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2018)
Williamson is the author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Socialism (2011, Regnery), The End Is Near and It's Going to Be Awesome (2013, HarperCollins/Broadside Books), The Dependency Agenda (2013, Encounter Books), and The Case against Trump (2015, Encounter Books), and has contributed chapters to The New Leviathan: The State Vs. the Individual in the 21st Century (2013, Encounter Books) and Future Tense: The Lessons of Culture in an Age of Upheaval (2013, Encounter Books).
- Williamson, Kevin D. "Exchequer". National Review Online. National Review. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- "(NR articles by) Kevin D. Williamson". National Review Online. National Review. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Small-Government Schmoozing: Scenes from a libertarian journalism conference". The Nation. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- "Philly's Bulletin Newspaper Is Resurrected". The New York Sun. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- Abcarian, Robin (September 30, 2014). "Here's a guy advocating death by hanging for women who have abortions". latimes.com. Retrieved 2018-03-23.
- "National Review Writer: Women Who Have Abortions Should Be Hanged". Talking Points Memo. Retrieved 2018-03-23.
- "National Review writer's vile pro-life argument is logically consistent". Salon. 2014-09-30. Retrieved 2018-03-23.
- Jones, Sarah. "The Conservative Columnist Conundrum". The New Republic. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- Linker, Damon (2014-10-03). "This abortion opponent wants to execute women who have abortions. Don't act so shocked". The Week. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- Weissmann, Jordan. "The Atlantic's Justifications for Hiring Conservative Troll Kevin Williamson Ring Awfully Hollow". Slate Magazine. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- Kahn, Sharon. "Kevin Williamson also said on his podcast that people who've had abortions should be hanged". Media Matters For America. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
I do support that, in fact, as I wrote, what I had in mind was hanging" and "I would totally go with treating it like any other crime up to and including hanging...I’ve got a soft spot for hanging as a form of capital punishment. I tend to think that things like lethal injection are a little too antiseptic...quasi-medical -- yeah, if the state is going to do violence, let’s make it violence.
- Williamson, Kevin (2018-04-20). "When the Twitter Mob Came for Me". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- Williamson, Kevin (January 10, 2011). The Politically Incorrect Guide to Socialism. Regnery Publishing. ISBN 9781596986497.
- Williamson, Kevin D. (May 7, 2013). The End Is Near and It's Going to Be Awesome: How Going Broke Will Leave America Richer, Happier, and More Secure. HarperCollins. ISBN 9780062220684.
- "Kirkus Reviews". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- Williamson, Kevin D. (October 10, 2013). The Dependency Agenda. Encounter Books. ISBN 9781594036644.
- Williamson, Kevin (November 17, 2015). The Case Against Trump. Encounter Books. ISBN 9781594038785.
- Kimball, Roger (October 10, 2013). The New Leviathan: The State Versus the Individual in the 21st Century. Encounter Books. ISBN 9781594036453.
- Kimball, Roger (October 10, 2013). Future Tense: The Lessons of Culture in an Age of Upheaval. Encounter Books. ISBN 9781594036477.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Kevin D. Williamson|
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|