Feige at Guardians of the Galaxy premiere in July 2014
|Born||c. 1973 (age 42–43)|
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
President of Marvel Studios (2007–present)
Kevin Feige, p.g.a. (//; FY-ghee; born circa 1973) is an American film producer and president of Marvel Studios. The films he has produced have a combined worldwide box office gross of $10 billion.
Early life and career
After high school Feige applied to the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts, the alma mater of his favorite directors: George Lucas, Ron Howard and Robert Zemeckis. His first five applications were rejected, but he persevered and was accepted on the sixth.
In the year 2000 he was hired by Marvel as a producer.
On the first X-Men film, Lauren Shuler Donner made Feige an associate producer, due to his knowledge of the Marvel Universe. Impressing Avi Arad, he was hired to work as his second-in-command at Marvel Studios that same year. Feige was named president of production for Marvel Studios in March 2007.
Feige received the Motion Picture Showman of the Year award at the ICG Publicists Guild Awards on February 22, 2013. The Awards committee chairman, Henri Bollinger, said "Kevin Feige's understanding and appreciation of publicity and promotion in the role of a movie's success has led to a string of blockbuster feature films adapted from the pages of Marvel comic books during the past 10 years." As of April 2015, his contract with Marvel Studios will end in 2018.
As of at least 2014, Feige was married to wife Caitlin.
|2004||The Punisher||Executive producer|
|2004||Spider-Man 2||Executive producer|
|2005||Fantastic Four||Executive producer|
|2006||X-Men: The Last Stand||Executive producer|
|2007||Spider-Man 3||Executive producer|
|2007||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer||Executive producer|
|2008||The Incredible Hulk||Co-producer|
|2008||Punisher: War Zone||Executive producer|
|2010||Iron Man 2||Producer|
|2011||Thor: Tales of Asgard||Executive producer||Animated direct-to-video film|
|2011||Captain America: The First Avenger||Producer|
|2012||The Amazing Spider-Man||Executive producer|
|2013||Iron Man 3||Producer|
|2013||Thor: The Dark World||Producer|
|2014||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Producer|
|2014||Guardians of the Galaxy||Producer|
|2015||Avengers: Age of Ultron||Producer|
|2016||Captain America: Civil War||Producer|
|2017||Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2||Producer|
|2008–2012||Iron Man: Armored Adventures||Executive producer|
|2009||Wolverine and the X-Men||Executive producer|
|2015–2016||Marvel's Agent Carter||Executive producer|
|2011||A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer||Producer|
|2014||All Hail the King||Producer|
- Garrahan, Matthew (October 31, 2014). "Kevin Feige: the movie nut who transformed Marvel". Financial Times. Retrieved November 9, 2016.
Mr Feige, 41,.... As a teenager in New Jersey, Mr Feige knew he wanted to work in Hollywood. ... Giving this year’s commencement address at the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts, he told the audience of film students he had applied there himself because his favourite directors had attended. “George Lucas, Ron Howard, Robert Zemeckis … they all went here.”He was rejected five times. Giving it one last try, he finally won a place.... His grandfather was a producer on pioneering 1950s Procter & Gamble soap operas such as Guiding Light and As the World Turns(subscription required)
- "Marvel Entertainment Names David Maisel as Chairman, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige as President...". Business Wire. March 13, 2007. Archived from the original on May 11, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2008.
- "Marvel With a Fan at the Helm Steers Its Heroes to the Screen". The New York Times. July 25, 2011. Retrieved September 3, 2010.
- Leonard, Devin (April 3, 2014). "The Pow! Bang! Bam! Plan to Save Marvel, Starring B-List Heroes". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- "Marvel Entertainment Names David Maisel as Chairman, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige as President...". Business Wire. AllBusiness.com, Inc. March 13, 2007. Archived from the original on May 11, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2008.
- Siegel, Tatiana (November 14, 2012). "Marvel President Kevin Feige Named Motion Picture Showman of the Year by IATSE Local 600". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- Chitwood, Adam (April 12, 2015). "Marvel's Kevin Feige Reveals When His Contract Ends". Collider.com.
- David, Mark (September 2, 2014). "Kevin Feige's Super Upgrade in Pacific Palisades (Excusive)". Variety. Archived from the original on October 18, 2016. Retrieved November 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kevin Feige.|