Feige in July 2014
June 2, 1973|
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
President of Marvel Studios (2007–present)
Kevin Feige (//, FY-ghee; born June 2, 1973) is an American film producer who has been president of Marvel Studios since 2007. The films he has produced have a combined worldwide box office gross of over $16 billion. Feige is a member of the Producers Guild of America.
Early life and career
Feige was raised in Westfield, New Jersey, where he graduated from Westfield High School. His grandfather had been a television producer in the 1950s, having worked on soap operas including The Guiding Light and As the World Turns.
After high school, Feige applied to the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts, the alma mater of his favorite directors: George Lucas, Ron Howard and Robert Zemeckis. His first five applications were rejected, but he persevered and was accepted on the sixth.
In 2000, he was hired by Marvel as a producer.
On the first X-Men film, Donner made Feige an associate producer, due to his knowledge of the Marvel Universe. Impressing Avi Arad, he was hired to work as his second-in-command at Marvel Studios that same year. Feige was named president of production for Marvel Studios in March 2007.
Feige received the Motion Picture Showman of the Year award at the ICG Publicists Guild Awards on February 22, 2013. The Awards committee chairman, Henri Bollinger, said "Kevin Feige's understanding and appreciation of publicity and promotion in the role of a movie's success has led to a string of blockbuster feature films adapted from the pages of Marvel comic books during the past 10 years." As of January 2018, his contract with Marvel Studios will end in 2019.
|2008–2012||Iron Man: Armored Adventures||Executive producer|
|2009||Wolverine and the X-Men|
|2015–2016||Marvel's Agent Carter|
|A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer|
|2014||All Hail the King|
|2017||Team Thor: Part 2|
- Garrahan, Matthew (October 31, 2014). "Kevin Feige: the movie nut who transformed Marvel". Financial Times. Retrieved November 9, 2016.
Mr Feige, 41,.... As a teenager in New Jersey, Mr Feige knew he wanted to work in Hollywood. ... Giving this year’s commencement address at the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts, he told the audience of film students he had applied there himself because his favourite directors had attended. 'George Lucas, Ron Howard, Robert Zemeckis … they all went here.' He was rejected five times. Giving it one last try, he finally won a place.... His grandfather was a producer on pioneering 1950s Procter & Gamble soap operas such as Guiding Light and As the World Turns(subscription required)
- "Marvel With a Fan at the Helm Steers Its Heroes to the Screen". The New York Times. July 25, 2011. Archived from the original on December 8, 2012. Retrieved September 3, 2010.
Mr. Feige, 38...
- "Marvel Entertainment Names David Maisel as Chairman, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige as President..." Business Wire. March 13, 2007. Archived from the original on May 11, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2008.
- Williams, Trey (6 May 2018). "How Marvel Became a $16 Billion Franchise: Fandom, Cribbing From Comics and Kevin Feige". TheWrap. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- Alterman, Elizabeth (June 25, 2013). "Follow Your Bliss, WHS Principal Tells Class of 2013". Westfield Patch. Archived from the original on November 27, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Leonard, Devin (April 3, 2014). "The Pow! Bang! Bam! Plan to Save Marvel, Starring B-List Heroes". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved May 4, 2015. (subscription required)
- "Marvel Entertainment Names David Maisel as Chairman, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige as President..." AllBusiness.com. March 13, 2007. Archived from the original on May 11, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2008.
- Siegel, Tatiana (November 14, 2012). "Marvel President Kevin Feige Named Motion Picture Showman of the Year by IATSE Local 600". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on June 13, 2016. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- Buchanan, Kyle (January 30, 2018). "Kevin Feige on the Disney-Fox Merger and His Future at Marvel". Vulture.
- David, Mark (September 2, 2014). "Kevin Feige's Super Upgrade in Pacific Palisades (Excusive)". Variety. Archived from the original on October 18, 2016. Retrieved November 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kevin Feige.|