Kevin Gamble (netcaster)
14 June 1973 |
|Years active||15 March 2005-present|
|Known for||Comedy, Video podcast|
|Web alias(es)||Johnny Johnny|
|Web hosting service(s)||LibSyn, Stage6, YouTube, ITunes|
On October 14, 2005, during the Macworld 2005 Keynote presentation (which introduced the new iPod with Video) Steve Jobs showcased Tiki Bar TV to the audience as an example of a "Video Podcast" (which, at that point in time, was a relatively new media format) as something that could be loaded onto the new video iPod using Apple's proprietary iTunes software for no charge.
The next day, Tiki Bar TV moved to the #1 slot in the iTunes Podcast charts, and as such Tiki Bar TV was one of the first user generated programs to gain worldwide popularity via the iTunes distribution model.
Additionally, the still from Tiki Bar TV (specifically, Kevin's image) appeared on the front webpage of Apple.com, and was composited inside of a Video iPod). For approximately one month, Kevin's image remained on the Apple homepage next to pictures of iPods featuring U2's Bono, ABC's Lost and a picture of an audio book of Harry Potter.
Kevin's press mentions & appearances include Wired Magazine, The National Post, Tilzy, Epic-Fu and Tubefilter. Television mentions & appearances include CBC, CTV, G4 Tech TV(Canada) and CBS News and NBC News (United States).
In addition to his work in the new media & podcasting space, Kevin actively works in the children's television & animation arena. He has been the Producer of several Television Series and TV Specials including "Max Steel", "The Scary Godmother Halloween Spooktakular", "George of the Jungle" and "Casper's Scare School". His DVD animated feature credits as Producer include "Kung Fu Magoo" and several of the popular "Veggietales" series (including the most recent DVD in the "Minnesota Cuke" line, which parody the Indiana Jones movie franchise). In November 2009, he was named VP of Development for Disney Television Animation.
On January 30, 2016, Kevin was seen successfully performing the Heimlich maneuver on an unknown woman in downtown Vancouver restaurant, Gyu Kaku. The woman recovered fully and the pair continued their dinner.
He currently resides in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Panels, Presentations, Conferences
- Vidfest Digital Expo 2006, panel; "Tiki Bar TV"
- Macworld 2007, panel; "Tiki Bar TV serves Podcasting Secrets"
- Pittsburg Podcamp 2007; guest of honor
- DivX presents Tiki Bar TV at Stage6, presentation; Consumer *Electronics Show 2007
- Vidgest Digital Expo 2007, panel; "Convergence: Maintaining IP *Integrity Across Platforms"
- San Diego Comic-Con 2007, panel; "Pitching your animated series idea"
- San Diego Comic-Con 2007, panel; "Masters of Podcasting"
- NYC Podcamp 2008, presentation; "Behind the Scenes of Tiki Bar TV"
- Apple Special Event October 2005 (mov). Apple. October 2005. Event occurs at 13:39-13:52. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- Screengrab of Kevin's image on the Apple.com website, October 2005
- Kevin's image inside a 5th Generation Video iPod at the Apple Keynote
- Wired's "100 Geeks You Should Be Following On Twitter"
- The National Post "Doctor! I need a triple"
- Tilzy review of Tiki Bar TV
- Epic Fu: "tiki bar tv is the perfect prescription"
- Tubefilter: Tiki Bar TV sets sail for a fifth season
- Kevin Gamble guest info: Lab with Leo
- NBC News Segment showing Kevin's image in relation to the video iPod"
- Kevin's credits on the IMDB Database
- » Blog Archive » Big Apple, Big Excitement