Kevin Gillespie (chef)
September 30, 1982 |
|Education||Art Institute of Atlanta|
Kevin Gillespie (born September 30, 1982) is an American chef, author and former Top Chef contestant. He is a former co-owner and executive chef at Woodfire Grill in Atlanta. He opened Gunshow, a restaurant in Atlanta, in 2013 and Revival, a restaurant in Decatur, GA, in 2015.
Gillespie was a finalist in the sixth season of Top Chef, Bravo's cooking competition show and was voted as the "Fan Favorite" contestant for the season. As a prize for winning one of the Top Chef episodes, Gillespie was invited to compete in the Bocuse d'Or USA cooking competition, for the opportunity to be the U.S. representative in the 2011 international Bocuse d'Or, but later withdrew due to not having enough time to prepare.
In 2013, Gillespie was named a James Beard Foundation Award Finalist in the Cookbook: American Cooking category for his debut cookbook, Fire in my Belly.
On November 6, 2014, Gillespie was awarded the GRACE Innovator Award by the Georgia Restaurant Association.
In other media
- Gillespie voiced himself in the season six episode "Asbestos I Can" on the animated series Squidbillies.
- Gillespie also voiced a truck driver in the animated series Archer.
- "Atlanta Business Chronicle - Atlanta's culinary status rises". Atlanta.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- Jean, Jenna. "Catching Up With Top Chefs Kevin Gillespie". Paste Magazine. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Reality TV is entrepreneurs' friend". CNN. 2010-03-09. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Kevin Gillespie wins Top Chef Las Vegas fan favorite". Reality Blurred. 2009-12-18. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "LA Times - Bocuse d'Or semi finalists announced". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 2009-12-10. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- Friday, January 22, 2010, by Paolo (2010-01-22). "Eater National - Top Chef's Kevin Gillespie Out of Bocuse d'Or USA Competition". Eater.com. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- The Braiser blog, Wolfgang Puck: Young Chefs Today Don’t Know How To Cook An Egg Correctly November 1, 2012. Accessed January 3, 2013.
- "James Beard - 2009 Semi Finalists" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "8th Annual GRACE Award Winners Announced". Georgia Restaurant Association. Retrieved 6 November 2014.