26 December 1989 |
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||88 kg (13 st 12 lb)|
|2009–15||Gold Coast Titans||118||58||17||0||266|
|2013||Prime Minister's XIII||1||1||0||0||4|
Kevin Gordon (born 26 December 1989) is an Australian retired professional rugby league footballer. A Philippines international and New South Wales Country and Prime Minister's XIII representative, he played at wing and fullback and played his entire career with the Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League.
Born in Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Gordon is of Filipino, Chinese and Scottish descent and played his junior rugby league with the Sawtell Panthers, before being signed by the Gold Coast Titans. A member of the inaugural Titan's team in the National Youth Competition in 2008, Gordon scored 21 tries in the season. Gordon was named in the inaugural NYC Team of the Year in 2008.
Gordon is eligible for selection for several national teams as his mother of Chinese descent was born in the Philippines and his father is of Scottish descent. His brother Dennis is currently connected to the Titans squad also and plays for the Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Cup.
Gordon commenced 2009 playing his second season in the under-20s competition but was selected to make his NRL debut for the Gold Coast Titans in Round 3 against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, playing on the wing in the Titans 20-12 win at Cbus Super Stadium. In Round 8 against the Penrith Panthers, Gordon scored his first NRL career try in the Titans 34-20 loss at Penrith Stadium. Gordon finished his debut year in the NRL in as the Titans top try-scorer with 13 tries in 23 matches in the 2009 NRL season.
Gordon began the 2010 NRL season as one of the Titan's first choice winger. Gordon proceeded to play in every single match for the Titans in the 2010 NRL season and was again the Titans top try-scorer with 12 tries in 26 matches.
In Round 2 against the Melbourne Storm, Gordon injured his ACL in the Titans 40-12 loss at AAMI Park, ruling the promising winger out for the entire 2011 season. Gordon played in 2 matches for the Titans in the 2011 NRL season.
After spending the first 3 rounds playing for the Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Cup, Gordon returned to the Titans first grade team in Round 4 against the New Zealand Warriors in the Titans 6-26 loss at Mt Smart Stadium. Gordon finished the 2012 NRL season with him playing in 21 matches and scoring 9 tries for the Titans. On 21 October 2012, Gordon made his international debut for the Philippines against Thailand. Gordon played at centre and scored 2 tries for the Philippines in their historic 86-0 win that saw the team crowned the inaugural Asian Cup champions.
Gordon finished the 2013 NRL season as the Titans top try scorer with 15 tries in 22 matches. In Round 22 against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, Gordon scored a hat-trick of tries in the Titans 26-16 win at ANZ Stadium. On 29 September, he played for the Prime Minister's XIII against Papua New Guinea, playing on the wing and scoring a try in his team's 50-10 win at Kokopo.
In February 2014, Gordon was selected in the Gold Coast Titans inaugural 2014 Auckland Nines squad. On 26 February 2014, Gordon re-signed with Gold Coast for a further three seasons with the club until the end of the 2017 season under the new deal. In Round 6 against the Brisbane Broncos, Gordon played his 100th career match for the Titans in the 12-8 win at Cbus Super Stadium. Gordon was selected for the New South Wales Country Origin on the wing and scored a try in the 26-all draw against New South Wales City. In Round 22, against the Sydney Roosters, Gordon suffered a season ending hip injury in the Titans 18-26 loss at the SFS. Gordon finished the 2014 NRL season with him playing in 18 matches, scoring 7 tries and kicking 16 goals.
At the start of the 2015 NRL season, there were reports that Gordon was on the outer with the Titans with Anthony Don and Kalifa Faifai Loa favoured ahead of him on the wing. Gordon played in Round 1 and, preparing for Round 2, Gordon suffered a nose injury at training after colliding with Titans recruit Leva Li. Gordon was sidelined for 2 matches before biding his time in the Queensland Cup playing for Burleigh Bears. He was recalled in Round 12 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Gordon's season was hampered by ongoing hip problems and bad form, resulting in him playing in 6 matches, scoring 1 try and kicking 1 goal for the Titans.
On 2 November 2015, Gordon announced his retirement from rugby league effective immediately, due to a chronic hip injury, and now will seek an acting career in the United States. Gordon finished his NRL career as a one club player with him playing in 118 matches, scoring 58 tries and kicking 17 goals for the Titans between 2009-2015.
- "Gold Coast Titans cult hero Kevin Gordon wants to leave club". Gold Coast Bulletin. 2015-09-21. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Kevin Gordon - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
-  Archived 24 June 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- Wayne Heming (2011-03-21). "Gordon's season over after knee injury". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Tamaraws shut out Thailand Stars 86-0 | Ang Kalatas". Kalatas.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Kevin Gordon Hat Trick Seals Gold Coast Titans Win Over Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs". Foxpsorts.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Prime Minister's XVIII Overpower Papua New Guinea 50-10". Foxsports.com.au. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Squads For Auckland Nines". Rugby League Week. 2014-02-14. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Titans Get Pre-Season Boost with Kevin Gordon to Stay until 2017". Dailytelelgraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Kevin Gordon Stans on the Cusp of Playing 100 NRL Games". Foxpsorts.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Titans Have Beaten Broncos 12-8". Foxpsorts.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- Meyn, Travis (2014-04-28). "Titans winger Kevin Gordon joins Country Origin team while Aidan Sezer out with injury". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Jamal Idris Stars in Thrilling City/Country Draw in Dubbo". Dailytelelgraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Roosters Boost Their Hopes of a Top Four Finish with a 26-18 Victory over Battling Gold Coast". Foxpsorts.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Kevin Gordon's Future on Gold Coast in Limbo". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Kevin Gordon Ruled Out of Gold Coast's Game Against Penrith". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Gordon earns Titans recall". NRL.com. 2015-05-26. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Rabbitohs Beat Titans; Greg Inglis Injured as Chris Gresvmuhl Bags a Double for south Sydney". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Gold Coast Titan Kevin Gordon retires because of chronic hip injury". Brisbanetimes.com.au. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Gold Coast Titans Kevin Gordon Announces Retirement | Triple M NRL". Triplem.com.au. 2015-02-23. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "From Running on Rugby League Fields to Acting on the Hollywood Big Screen". Foxsports.com.au. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Former Titans Star Kevin Gordon Heads to US to Pursue Acting Dream". Couriermail.com.au. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2015-12-20.