Grevioux at the 2018 WonderCon
|Born||1962 (age 55–56)|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, screenwriter, comic book writer|
Grevioux graduated from Howard University in Washington, D.C. with a degree in microbiology with minors in both chemistry and psychology, afterwards attending graduate school working towards a master's degree in genetic engineering. Grevioux also began taking screenwriting and cinematography classes as well, and after his first semester of grad school had finished, he moved to Los Angeles to begin to work as a writer in earnest. He has written several spec scripts in various genres and wrote and directed two unfinished short sci-fi films: Indigo and Thanatos. He also started a graphic novel company called DarkStorm Studios in 2003.
Underworld was Grevioux's first produced writing credit. He came up with the original concept/premise and wrote the original screenplay along with director Len Wiseman, launching the Underworld franchise. He appears in the film himself as a lycan, Raze, and returned as the character in the Underworld prequel Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, which he will also be adapting into a comic book mini-series. He has also expressed an interest in telling more Underworld stories in comic form if this proves successful.
Using Romeo and Juliet as an archetype, Grevioux based Underworld on his experiences with interracial dating and the tension that it often causes. He also brought a scientific element to the world of vampires and werewolves by basing vampirism and lycanthropy on a viral mutagen rather than the mysticism typically associated with these two mythic creatures.
Early 2006 saw Grevioux form two comic book imprints, Astounding Studios and DarkStorm Studios. Grevioux's Astounding Studios imprint was to focus on all-ages titles such as Valkyries, Guardian Heroes and The Hammer Kid. The Darkstorm Studios imprint was a more mature line, including the books Alivs Rex, Skull and Guns and Uzan, The Mighty.
Grevioux's voice is distinctively deep. In the commentary track of Underworld, he relates that during the promotion and launch of the film, many fans asked him if his voice had been altered by computer, and were surprised to learn that it had not been.
Grevioux wrote Marvel Comics' New Warriors volume 4. Grevioux also wrote Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel, a character he created years ago as a young teenage comic book fan. The mini series was drawn by Mat Broome and Roberto Castro. He is also in the process of writing a story featuring Lee Falk's characters The Phantom and Mandrake the Magician, co-written with Mike Bullock. He also wrote ZMD: Zombies of Mass Destruction for Red 5 Comics.
He sold the original screenplay for the film adaptation of his Darkstorm Studios graphic novel, I, Frankenstein, to Lakeshore Entertainment, which also produced the Underworld films. The story follows the original monster of Victor Frankenstein who is the only force that stands between the human race and an uprising of supernatural creatures determined to overthrow the world. Filming began on February 27, 2012.
Since November 6, 2017, Line Webtoon has been publishing Brothers Bond, an action webcomic collaboration with Ryan Benjamin.
|1994||Naked Gun 331⁄3: The Final Insult||Prison Guard||Uncredited|
|Speed||Bombsquad SWAT officer|
|The Mask||Henchman #7|
|Alien Nation: Dark Horizon||Sam||Television film|
|Batman Forever||Harvey's Thug|
|1997||Quicksilver Highway||Police Sergeant||Television film|
|Alien Nation: The Udara Legacy||Miller|
|Don King: Only in America||Leon Spinks||Television film|
|2000||The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas||Associate Goon|
|2001||Planet of the Apes||Limbo's 1st Handler / Ape Commander / 2nd Ape Soldier|
|2002||Men in Black II||Pineal Eye|
|2003||Cradle 2 the Grave||Inmate Guard||Uncredited|
|Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star||Emmanuel's Entourage|
|Underworld||Raze||Also first produced writing credit|
|2009||Underworld: Rise of the Lycans||Raze|
|2014||I, Frankenstein||Dekar||Also screen story, graphic novel|
|2017||Animal Crackers||Samson the Strong Man (voice)|
|1993-1994||Star Trek: Deep Space Nine||Starfleet Security Officer||12 Episodes |
|2005||The Batman||Solomon Grundy (voice)||Ep. "Grundy's Night"|
|2010||Spartacus: Blood and Sand - Motion Comic||Doctore / Numidian (voice)||Ep. "The Shadow of Death"|
|2012-2013||Young Justice: Invasion||Black Beetle (voice)||9 Episodes|
|2012||The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes||Terrax (voice)||Ep. "Avengers Assemble!"|
|2013||Payday 2 The Web Series||The Haitian||Episode 3 "Hector" & 6 "Vlad & Gage"|
|2014||Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.||Super-Skrull (voice)||Eps. "Deathlok" & "Guardians of the Galaxy"|
|2008||Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath||(voice)|
|2018||Marvel Powers United VR||Groot (voice)|
- Be Afraid (2017) Dean Booth
- The Prey (2016) - Reid
- "Witch Wars" (2004) - Brute Demon
- Fastlane - Detainee
- "Pilot" (2002) - Detainee
- Charlie's Angels (2000) - Bouncer
- Malcolm in the Middle
- "Traffic Jam" (2000) - Police Officer
- Malibu, CA
- "Three Dudes and a Baby" (2000) - Security Guard
- "Retiring Dad" (2000)—Very Large Man
- Bowfinger (1999)—Kit's Bodyguard
- L. A. Doctors
- "The Life Lost in Living" (1999) - Prison Guard #2
- True Friends (1998)—Football Player
- In the House - Mad Frog
- "Close Encounters of the Worst Kind" (1996) - Mad Frog
- "Come Back, Kid" (1996) - Mad Frog
- "Episode #1.1" (1995) - Worf
- Con Man (web series) - Himself
- "Thank You For Your Service"
- New Warriors (Marvel Comics)
- ZMD: Zombies of Mass Destruction (Red 5 Comics, forthcoming)
- Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel (with Mat Broome, 5-issue limited series, Marvel Comics, January–May 2009)
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (with Andrew Huerta, 2-issue mini-series, IDW Publishing, forthcoming)
- DevaShard: at first light (with NBC, 5-issue limited series, Fluid Comics, November 2009)
- Dennis, Michael. "Interview: Kevin Grevioux Talks Transition To Screenwriting, Race As A Factor, 'I, Frankenstein' & More". IndieWire.
- CCI: Grevioux returns to "Underworld", Comic Book Resources, August 1, 2008
- Grevioux Gets Astounding[permanent dead link], Newsarama, July 21, 2005
- Kevin Grevioux - From "Underworld" to the Comic World, Comic Book Resources, March 22, 2006
- Of Valkyries and Other Things: Talking to Kevin Grevioux Archived 2011-02-12 at the Wayback Machine., Newsarama, November 15, 2006
- Earth’s First Astounding Invasion Archived 2006-11-12 at the Wayback Machine., Broken Frontier, May 17, 2006
- Underworld special edition director commentary
- New Joe Fridays Week 26. Newsarama
- CCI: The 'Return' of "The Blue Marvel", Comic Book Resources, July 25, 2008
- Kevin Grevioux: Werewolves, Vampires... and now Zombies, Comics Bulletin, May 15, 2008
- The Monsters of Kevin Grevioux - ZMD and More, Newsarama, July 22, 2008
- Discovery Channel TV Special: Monster Tracker
- I, Frankenstein Franchise Coming At You From Lakeshore
- Lakeshore Eyes New Franchise With 'I, Frankenstein'
- Frater, Patrick (February 27, 2012). "I Frankenstein starts shoot". Film Business Asia. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Gothic thriller starts filming in Melbourne". The Sydney Morning Herald. Australian Associated Press. February 27, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2012.