This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Kevin Hartz is an American businessman in the technology industry. He is the co-founder of Xoom, of which he was the CEO from 2001 to 2005.
Hartz was born in Berkeley, California, and raised in Orinda, California. His high school was Miramonte High School, Orinda, Calif. He holds a BAS from Stanford University in history, as well as an MA in British history from University College, Oxford.
Hartz began his career at Silicon Graphics (SGI) as the product manager for virtual reality browser Cosmo Player. Hartz was a co-founder of ConnectGroup, a start-up providing high-speed Internet access to the hotel industry. Five months after incorporating the company, it was acquired by LodgeNet (NASDAQ: LNET).
In 2001, Hartz co-founded Xoom, an international money remittance business, along with Alan Braverman. He served as CEO until 2005 and served on the Board of Directors through its 2012 IPO and subsequent acquisition by PayPal in 2015. The company had a total equity value of $1.1 billion.
Hartz joined Founders Fund in September 2016 and served as a partner but announced his exit from the company in June 2018. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Eventbrite (Chairman) and Lookout.
Hartz began his early stage investing after the sale of Connect Group to LodgeNet. He took the profits from that sale and invested in a company called FieldLink, which later became Confinity, which then became PayPal.
Hartz lives in San Francisco with his wife, Julia Hartz, and their two daughters.
- "Bloomberg". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2022-10-15.
- Kevin Hartz | British Council
- "Kevin Hartz, Founder & CEO of Eventbrite". LinkedIn.
- LodgeNet Entertainment Corporation (2014-03-03). "LodgeNet Acquires Connect Group, Delivers High-Speed Laptop Connectivity". PR Newswire.
- "Xoom Corporation". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. 2013-02-01.
- "PayPal Acquires Xoom for Stake in Digital Money Transfers". The New York Times. 2015-07-01.
- "Kevin Hartz Is Stepping Down as Partner at Founders Fund". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-09-18.
- "Kevin Hartz - Founder and CEO at @Eventbrite". Angel.co.
- "PayPal Inc. History". Fundinguniverse.com.