|No. 5 – Oklahoma City Blue|
|League||NBA G League|
|Born||July 9, 1996|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school||Bowie (Arlington, Texas)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 57th overall|
|Selected by the Oklahoma City Thunder|
|2018–present||Oklahoma City Blue|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kevin Hervey (born July 9, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the Oklahoma City Blue of the NBA G League. He played college basketball for the University of Texas at Arlington.
Hervey came into Texas-Arlington at only 180 pounds before eventually reaching 210 pounds by his senior season. Hervey played four years for the Texas–Arlington Mavericks. In his sophomore season, Hervey averaged 18.1 points and 9.8 rebounds per game. He missed the last 19 games of the season due to a torn ACL in his left knee.
As a junior, Hervey averaged 17.1 points and 8.5 rebounds per game but had some lingering effects from the ACL tear in the early season. He led the Mavericks to a 27-9 season, the most wins in school history, and NIT quarterfinal run. He was named Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year and earned all-district honors from both the National Association of Basketball Coaches and the U.S. Basketball Writers Association. Hervey is the second Texas–Arlington player after Marquez Haynes to be named an AP Honorable Mention All-American. He was twice named Sun Belt Player of the Week, on December 6, 2016 and February 20, 2017.
As a senior, Hervey averaged 21.1 points and 8.7 rebounds per game. He was named to the first-team All-Sun Belt team for the second consecutive year.
Oklahoma City Blue (2018-present)
Hervey was chosen with 57th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft by the Oklahoma City Thunder. He became the fourth player from the University of Texas-Arlington to be selected in an NBA Draft, with the last players being selected in 1982. Hervey averaged 7.2 points, 2.6 rebounds and one assist per game in five summer league games. On October 5, 2018, he was signed by the Thunder's G League affiliate Oklahoma City Blue.
- "25 - Kevin Hervey". NBA Draft.net. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Martinez, Matthew (March 29, 2017). "UTA's Hervey becomes school's second-ever AP All-American". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "UTA's Hervey, Cross cap memorable season with individual honors" (Press release). Sun Belt Conference. March 6, 2017. Retrieved March 7, 2017.
- "MBB: Hervey, Neal earn all-Sun Belt honors". Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- Lopez, Selby (June 21, 2018). "Oklahoma City Thunder select UT-Arlington's Kevin Hervey in NBA draft's 2nd round". Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Afseth, Grant (October 5, 2018). "Thunder draft pick Kevin Hervey will play this season for the OKC Blue". Thunder Wire. Retrieved October 5, 2018.