Kevin J. Dooley
Dooley studied at the University of Illinois, where he received his BS in Industrial Engineering in 1982, his MS in Industrial Engineering in 1984, and his PhD in Mechanical Engineering in 1987 for the thesis "A fault classification system for quality and productivity improvements in continuous processes" under supervision of Shiv G. Kapoor.
Dooley started his academic career at the University of Minnesota in 1992 as Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering. From 1992 to 1997 he was Assistant Professor, and from 1993 to 1997 also Director of the Industrial Engineering Program. In 1997 he was Professor of Management and Professor of Industrial Engineering at Arizona State University and since 2003 he is Professor of Supply Chain Management. At Arizona State University he is also Chief Research Officer at The Sustainability Consortium since 2008, and Senior Sustainability Scientist at the School of Sustainability since 2010.
Dooley is member of the editorial board of the Decision Sciences journal, and the Journal of Operations Management. Dooley's research interests are in the field of the "application of complexity science to help organizations improve."
Dolley has authored and co-authored many publications. Books, a selection:
- Marshall Scott Poole, Andrew H. Van de Ven, and Kevin Dooley, (2000) Organizational Change and Innovation Processes: Theory and Methods for Research. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Baumann, W., Fristch, J., and K. Dooley (2007). Network Maturity Model: An Integrated Process Framework for Computer Network Management. Parket, CO: Outskirts Press.
Articles, a selection:
- Dooley, Kevin J. "A complex adaptive systems model of organization change." Nonlinear dynamics, psychology, and life sciences 1.1 (1997): 69-97.
- Dooley, Kevin J., and Andrew H. Van de Ven. "Explaining complex organizational dynamics." Organization Science 10.3 (1999): 358-372.
- Choi, Thomas Y., Kevin J. Dooley, and Manus Rungtusanatham. "Supply networks and complex adaptive systems: control versus emergence." Journal of operations management 19.3 (2001): 351-366.
- Corman, S. R., Kuhn, T., McPhee, R. D., & Dooley, K. J. (2002). "Studying Complex Discursive Systems." Human communication research, 28(2), 157-206.
- Begun, James W., Brenda Zimmerman, and Kevin Dooley. "Health care organizations as complex adaptive systems." Advances in health care organization theory 253 (2003): 288.
- Kevin J. Dooley - VITA at public.asu.edu. Accessed, November 11, 2013.
- Kevin Dooley, Senior Sustainability Scientist, Global Institute of Sustainability at schoolofsustainability.asu.edu, 2013.
- Kevin Dooley at W. P. Carey School of Business