Kevin J. Rooney
|Kevin J. Rooney|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly|
from the 40th district
2016 – Present
Serving with Christopher DePhillips
|Preceded by||Scott Rumana|
|Born||January 13, 1960|
|Spouse(s)||Haley Shotmeyer Rooney|
|Residence||Wyckoff, New Jersey|
Ramapo College |
|Website||Legislative web page|
Rooney was born in Paterson, New Jersey. He is a lifelong Bergen County resident and grew up in Upper Saddle River. He graduated from Northern Highlands Regional High School in Allendale, New Jersey, and attended Ramapo College for Business and Cook College of Rutgers University for arboriculture.
Rooney is the Managing Partner of HMS Global Holdings, LLC. He resides in Wyckoff with his wife Hayley Shotmeyer Rooney. They have four children and two grandchildren.
Rooney served on the Wyckoff Zoning Board from 1999 – 2009. He was first elected to the Wyckoff Township in 2009 and was as a member until 2016. He served as Deputy Mayor in 2010 and 2014, and as Mayor in 2011, 2015, and 2016.
In November 2016, Rooney became an Assemblyman representing the 40th Legislative District of New Jersey when he was selected to complete Scott Rumana's term in the Assembly when Rumana resigned his seat after he was appointed to serve as a judge in New Jersey Superior Court. Rooney serves on the Appropriations Committee, Environment and Solid Waste Committee, Consumer Affairs Committee, and Statewide Public Safety Communications Commission. The 40th District includes 15 towns in parts of Bergen, Essex, Morris and Passaic counties. He currently serves with Assemblyman David C. Russo and Senator Kristin Corrado.
Each of the 40 districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 40th District for the 2018-2019 Legislative Session are:
- "Assemblyman Kevin J. Rooney – NJ Assembly Republicans". www.njassemblyrepublicans.com. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Wyckoff Mayor, County Clerk Announce Run For District 40 Legislative Seats". Wyckoff, NJ Patch. 2016-04-26. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- Gerace, Joseph M. "Rooney Wins Chopped Crown; Former mayor says he'll donate his $10,000 prize to charity.", Wyckoff Patch, February 25, 2013. Accessed November 14, 2017. "In a televised battle for culinary supremacy, Wyckoff Committeeman Kevin Rooney took home the Chopped crown Sunday night on The Food Network.... Rooney won $10,000 for his victory, and told northjersey.com that he'd give the prize away to charity."
- "Republicans pick Kevin Rooney to fill Assembly seat". North Jersey. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- District 40, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed November 14, 2017.
- Legislative Roster 2018-2019 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 22, 2018.
- District 40 Legislators, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 22, 2018.