Kevin Johnson (executive)
|Title||CEO, Juniper Networks|
|Term||Sept. 2008 - 2013|
Kevin Johnson is an American businessman and was the Chief Executive Officer and a member of the board of directors of Juniper Networks, Sunnyvale, California, from September 2008 to January 2014.
Johnson earned his Bachelor's degree in business administration from New Mexico State University. He began his career as a software developer in IBM's systems integration and consulting business in 1981.
Johnson joined Microsoft Corporation in 1992, where he served in a range of executive assignments for 16 years. Johnson was appointed group vice president of Microsoft's worldwide sales, marketing and services in 2003, and he was named co-president of the Windows and Online Services division in 2005. When fellow co-president Jim Allchin retired a year later, Johnson was named president of the Windows and Online Services division.
Johnson also served as a member of the Western Region Board of Advisors of Catalyst, a non-profit organization dedicated to women's career advancement. He was appointed by President George W. Bush to serve on the National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee (NSTAC) and is also a board member of Starbucks Coffee Company.
Johnson joined as Chief Executive Officer of Juniper Networks in September 2008. In a statement announcing Johnson's departure from Microsoft to serve as CEO of Juniper, Steve Ballmer, CEO, Microsoft, praised Johnson's contribution to the company, "Kevin has built a supremely talented organization and laid the foundation for the future success of Windows and our Online Services Business. This new structure will give us more agility and focus in two very competitive arenas," Ballmer said. "It has been a pleasure to work with Kevin, and we wish him well in the future."
- "Juniper Networks Names Kevin Johnson Chief Executive Officer". Juniper.net. July 24, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Kevin Johnson to leave Microsoft for Juniper". CNET NEWS. July 23, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Juniper Hires Microsoft's Kevin Johnson As CEO". EFY News Network. July 26, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Executive Team". Juniper.net. October 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- "Microsoft Windows Exec Kevin Johnson Jumps To Juniper". InformationWeek. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Juniper CEO: Timing right to step aside". Network World. 2008-07-25. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Kevin Johnson signed as new Juniper CEO". ITP.Net. July 25, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Update: Windows and online chief to leave Microsoft in wake of Yahoo tussle". Computerworld. July 23, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Juniper Networks gets new CEO". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 20 February 2014.