Jonas in September 2008
|Born||Paul Kevin Jonas II
November 5, 1987
Teaneck, New Jersey, U.S
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S|
|Occupation||Actor, musician, director, contractor|
|Spouse(s)||Danielle Deleasa (m. 2009)|
|Origin||Wyckoff, New Jersey, U.S|
|Genres||Pop rock, teen pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, mandolin, piano, drums|
|Labels||Columbia, Hollywood, Jonas|
|Associated acts||Jonas Brothers|
Paul Kevin Jonas II (born November 5, 1987) is an American musician and actor. He is the oldest member of the Jonas Brothers, a pop rock band created by the youngest brother Nick (although Kevin is often credited with creating the band). In 2008, he appeared on People magazine's list of the Sexiest Men Alive by being a member of the 21 club. On December 19, 2009, he married Danielle Deleasa, whom he met in the Bahamas during the summer of 2007. Jonas and his wife later starred in their own E! reality series, Married to Jonas, in 2012. In early May 2014, he announced a small 5-month tour around the United States with younger brother Joe.
Jonas was born in Teaneck, New Jersey, and grew up in Wyckoff. His mother, Denise Marie (née Miller), is a former sign language teacher and singer, and his father, Paul Kevin Jonas, Sr., is a songwriter, musician, and former ordained minister at an Assemblies of God church. He has three younger brothers, Joe (born 1989), Nick (born 1992), Frankie (born 2000).
In early 2005, Columbia Records' new president, Steve Greenberg, listened to Nick's record. While Greenberg did not like the album, he did like Nick's voice. After hearing the song "Please Be Mine", written and performed by all the brothers, Daylight/Columbia Records decided to sign the three as a group act. After being signed to Columbia, the brothers considered naming their group "Sons of Jonas" before settling on the name "Jonas Brothers".
It's About Time, the brothers' first album, was released on August 8, 2006. According to the band's manager, it was only a "limited release" of a little over 50,000 copies. Because Sony was not interested in further promoting the band, the Jonas Brothers then considered switching labels. The band was ultimately dropped by Columbia Records in early 2007.
After shortly being without a label, the Jonas Brothers signed with Hollywood Records in February 2007. Around the same time, the brothers began appearing in GAP commercials for Baby Bottle Pops, singing the jingle. Their self-titled second album, Jonas Brothers, was released on August 7, 2007. It reached number five on the Billboard Hot 200 chart in its first week.
On June 16, 2009, the brothers' fourth studio album, and third release under Hollywood Records, titled Lines, Vines, and Trying Times was released. The album peaked at number 1 on the Billboard 200 with 247,000 copies sold. It was announced on May 1, 2012, that the Jonas Brothers parted ways with their record label Hollywood Records, and bought the rights to their music.
On August 17, 2007, Jonas and his brothers guest-starred in an episode of Hannah Montana, titled Me and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas. The episode debuted alongside the television film High School Musical 2 and a sneak peek of the new Disney Channel show Phineas and Ferb. The episode broke basic cable records with a record 10.7 million viewers and became basic cable's most watched series telecast ever.
Jonas and his brothers filmed the Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock, where they played a band called "Connect 3". Kevin played Jason, a guitarist; Nick played Nate, also a guitarist; and Joe played the lead male role and lead singer, Shane Gray. A soundtrack for the movie was released on June 17, 2008. The film premiered, June 20, 2008 in the United States, on Disney Channel, and Canada, on Family. They returned in the sequel, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, which premiered on September 3, 2010.
The Disney Channel reality short series, Jonas Brothers: Living the Dream, premiered on Disney Channel, May 16, 2008. The show, which ran until September 5, 2008, documented the brother's lives during the Look Me in the Eyes Tour. The name was inspired by their hit song When You Look Me in the Eyes. The series was renewed for a second season, which premiered March 21, 2010. The second season followed the band on the European leg of their World Tour 2009.
Kevin, Joe, Nick, and Frankie starred in their own Disney Channel Original Series, Jonas, which premiered May 2, 2009. The show was renewed for a second season premiering June 20, 2010 as Jonas L.A. It centered on the brothers vacationing at their summer house in Los Angeles with Stella and Macy.
Jonas appeared on MTV's fourth episode of When I Was 17 (Season 1), talking about his memories from when he was seventeen.
Kevin appeared in an E! reality series alongside his wife Danielle and brothers Nick and Joe, which premiered on August 19, 2012. Produced by Ryan Seacrest, Married to Jonas documented the young couple's domestic life as well as the brothers' recording efforts as they prepared to release their fifth studio album. However, the band split and the show was put on hiatus.
Kevin was part of the seventh season of Celebrity Apprentice taping in spring 2014, which was filmed throughout New York City. He was fired in the second episode when his team lost the competition, during which time he'd been acting as the team leader. Kevin also made a cameo in a 2014 episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, working in his new role as contractor, leading the construction on Housewife Kathy Wakile's home.
Jonas married Danielle Deleasa, a former hairdresser, at Oheka Castle on December 19, 2009, with his brothers Joe and Nick as his best men. The couple met while vacationing with their families in the Bahamas in May 2007. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Alena Rose Jonas, on February 2, 2014. On April 25, 2016, the couple announced via Instagram that they are expecting their second daughter. Their second daughter, Valentina Angelina Jonas, was born on October 27, 2016.
Shortly after their wedding, the couple starred in their own reality show Married to Jonas, which aired on the E! Network. The final episode of the second season aired on May 26, 2013.
|2008||Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert||Himself|
|2009||Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience||Himself|
|Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian||Cherub (voice)|
|Beyond All Boundaries||Mike Mervosh (voice)||Documentary|
|2007||Hannah Montana||Himself||Episode: "Me and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas"|
|2008–10||Jonas Brothers: Living the Dream||Himself|
|2008||Camp Rock||Jason Gray||Television film|
|2009–10||Jonas||Kevin Percy Lucas|
|2010||Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam||Jason Gray||Television film|
|2012–13||Married to Jonas||Himself||Documentary|
|2009||Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian||Cherub (voice)|
- "Kevin Jonas news, photos and more on". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Kevin Jonas: A Sexy Surprise" People magazine; 2008; Accessed 2010-07-17
- "The 21 Club : People.com". www.people.com. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- Sean Patrick Reily. "The Jonas Brothers: It's full scream ahead" The Los Angeles Times; February 26, 2009
- Chebatoris, Jac. "The Boy Band Next Door" Newsweek; January 26, 2008|publisher=Allen, Kevin
- "Jonas Brothers in overdrive". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved August 25, 2008.
- Cotliar, Sharon (June 25, 2008). "Growing Up Jonas". People Magazine. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- Mikael Wood (February 20, 2007). Jonas Brothers deliver squeaky clean 'punk' music. MonstersandCritics.com. Accessed 2009-01-01.
- "The Boy Choir & Soloist Directory: Nicholas Jonas". Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "MTV – The New Boy Bands". Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Billboard Discography – Jonas Brothers – It's About Time
- "The Jonas Brothers Sign Record Deal With Disney's Hollywood Records" (Press release). Hollywood Records. February 8, 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-02-13. Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- Billboard Discography – Jonas Brothers
- "Jonas Brothers – A Little Bit Longer". Billboard. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- Gina Scarpa, "'Hannah Montana' Airs New Episode On Big Night", BuddyTV.com, August 11, 2007.
- Joal Ryan, "High School Musical 2 Big 2 B Ignored", E! News, August 18, 2007.
- Margaret Lyons (April 3, 2009). "Jonas Brothers's Disney Channel Show: There's got to be a Better Idea". EW.com. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "Breaking News - Michael Strahan, Kevin Jonas, Carrie Ann Inaba & Mark Feuerstein to Co-Host "Live! With Kelly" for the Week of July 2-6, 2012 - TheFutonCritic.com". Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Vena, Jocelyn. "Kevin Jonas Partners With Ryan Seacrest For 'Married To Jonas'". MTV News. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Kevin Jonas is a contractor on 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'". Fox News. 2014-09-29. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Sharon Cotlier (December 19, 2009). Kevin Jonas Marries in Fairytale Setting. People magazine. Accessed 2009-12-20.
- Peter Gicas (February 2, 2014). Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Welcome Baby Girl. E news. Accessed 2014-02-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kevin Jonas.|