May 1, 1983 |
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||Walton (Marietta, Georgia)|
|College||Arizona State (2003–2006)
|NBA draft||2007 / Undrafted|
|2007–2008||Utah Flash (D-League)|
|2008||Lukoil Academic (Bulgaria)|
|2009||Utah Flash (D-League)|
|2009||NSB Napoli (Italy)|
|2010||Utah Flash (D-League)|
|2010||Soles de Mexicali (Mexico)|
|2010–2011||Utah Flash (D-League)|
|2011–2012||Okapi Aalstar (Belgium)|
|2012–2013||Los Angeles D-Fenders (D-League)|
|2013||Eisbären Bremerhaven (Germany)|
Kevin Kruger (born May 1, 1983) is an American professional basketball player.
The son of Oklahoma basketball coach Lon Kruger, he attended Arizona State University, but after playing 3 years and graduating because he was redshirted his freshman year, he transferred to UNLV to play for his dad. During his one-year there he helped UNLV advance to the Sweet Sixteen, only to lose to Oregon.
After his collegiate career, Kruger was not drafted and would later be given an invitation to the Orlando Magic's training camp. Before the season began, he was cut and drafted by the Flash, the Utah Jazz's D-League team. He had a career high 35 points against the Reno Bighorns on March 1, 2009.
In the 2011-2012 season in the Ethias League, Kevin Kruger played for Okapi Aalstar. They won the Belgian Cup against Antwerp Giants, with 96-89 in overtime, a game during which Kevin scored 31 points.
Kevin initially attended Centennial High School in Champaign, Illinois, where he was a member of the basketball team. His girlfriend at the time was Jennie Roberts. At the conclusion of his sophomore season, he moved to Marietta, GA. He then attended Walton High School in Marietta, Georgia.
- Katz, Andy (2006-07-07). "Kruger to play for father at UNLV – without penalty". ESPN. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Guiremand, Steve (2009-08-24). "Kevin Kruger to play in Italy". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Oregon bumps off UNLV". The Tuscaloosa News. Associated Press. 2007-03-23. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "2007 NBA Draft". Basketball-Reference. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Povtak, Tim (2007-09-18). "There is no keeping Outlaw away from camp". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Flash Take Guard Kevin Kruger With Top Pick in 2007–08 Draft". NBA Development League. 2007-11-01. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Lyon, Austin (2002-04-13). "Morrison Takes Dunk Crown". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 2010-09-03.