|Full name||Kevin Lasagna|
|Date of birth||10 August 1992|
|Place of birth||San Benedetto Po, Italy|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2017||→ Carpi (loan)||21||(5)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:59, 2 September 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 5 September 2019 (GMT)
Born in San Benedetto Po, Lasagna started his career with Governolese near his home town. In 2012, Lasagna signed for Serie D team Cerea and scored 7 times in 35 games throughout the 2012–13 season. Lasagna joined Este for the 2013–14 and scored 21 times in 33 games making him one of the most sought after players of the lower leagues.
In July 2014, Lasagna joined Serie B side Carpi. Lasagna made his Serie B debut on September 13, as a substitute in the 1–1 draw against Crotone. On 15 November 2014, Lasagna scored his first Carpi goal, wrapping up a 5–2 win against Cittadella, to send Carpi to the top of Serie B.
In January 2017, it was announced that Lasagna would join Udinese for the 2017–18 season and finish the 2016–17 season with Carpi. Udinese reportedly paid Carpi a transfer fee of €4.5 million plus possible bonuses.
On 9 October 2018, Lasagna was called to the Italy senior team by manager Roberto Mancini as a replacement for the injured Simone Zaza, for the upcoming UEFA Nations League match against Poland on 14 October. He made his senior international debut during the match, coming on as a late substitute in the eventual 1–0 away win, and set up Cristiano Biraghi's injury time winner with a header following a corner, which secured Italy's safety in the group. He made his first start for Italy on 20 November, in a 1–0 friendly win over the United States, held in Genk.
Style of play
A tall and quick left-footed forward, Lasagna's natural role is that of a main striker in the centre, although he is also capable of playing as a second striker, or as a left winger in an attacking trident, due to his ability to both score goals and play off of his teammates. His best qualities are his pace, his ball control when dribbling at speed, his physical strength, and his offensive movement, which enables him to lose his markers and attack spaces from behind with his runs both on and off the ball; he is also known for his striking ability across goal with his left foot while on the run.
- As of match played 1 September 2019
- As of 5 September 2019
|Italy national team|
- Profile tuttocalciatori
- "Carpi: il piatto forte è...Lasagna! - Football Scout 24". footballscout24.it. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- "CARPI-CITTADELLA 5-2, tabellino « Sito Ufficiale del Carpi F.C. 1909". carpifc1909.it. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- "Official: Udinese sign Lasagna". Football Italia. 14 January 2017. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- Udinese henter Kevin Lasagna‚ altom-italienskfodbold.dk, 11 January 2017
- "Kevin Lasagna called into the Italy squad for the UEFA Nations League". The Independent. The Independent. 9 October 2018. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "Last-gasp Biraghi beats Poland". Football Italia. 14 October 2018.
- Phil Dawkes (14 October 2018). "Nations League: Late winner for Italy against Poland". BBC Sport. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Politano breaks the ice for Italy". Football Italia. 20 November 2018.
- Luca Bertelli (20 November 2014). "La storia di Lasagna, dal notturno di Leno alla B" (in Italian). Il Corriere della Sera. p. 11. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Tom Williams (20 November 2018). "Who Is Kevin Lasagna? Meet the Italy Striker with the Best Name in Football". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Barbara Castellini (6 July 2017). "L'entusiasmo di Lasagna: vorrei migliorare il mio score in serie A" (in Italian). www.mondoudinese.it. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Stefano Dolci (1 April 2015). "Kevin Lasagna, l'ultima bella scoperta del Carpi targato Giuntoli" (in Italian). eurosport.com. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Gianmarco Lotti (20 December 2017). "Kevin Lasagna, ecco chi è la punta dell'Udinese che ha fatto impazzire l'Inter" (in Italian). www.calcionews24.com. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Giorgio Dell’Arti (22 March 2016). "Lasagna, Kevin" (in Italian). www.cinquantamila.it. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Kevin Lasagna at Soccerway. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "Lasagna, Kevin" (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 10 October 2018.