Kevin Lynch's Hurling Club
|Cumann lomanaíochta Chaoímhín Uí Loínsigh|
|Colours:||White and black|
|Grounds:||Kevin Lynch Park, Dungiven
(as separate club)
Páirc Uí Cáithaín
(as part of Dungiven GAC)
|Senior Club Championships|
Kevin Lynch Hurling Club (Irish: Cumann lomanaíochta Chaoímhín Uí Loínsigh) is a Gaelic Athletic Association club based in Dungiven, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland. They currently cater for hurling. The Gaelic football and ladies' Gaelic football club in the town is St. Canice's GAC.
Dungiven has two Gaelic Athletic Association clubs. The Gaelic football club called Dungiven GAC was founded in 1943 and originally included a hurling section . In 1981 the hurling section of Dungiven GAC was renamed in honour of Kevin Lynch from Dungiven who died on the 1981 Irish hunger strike, whilst the football team retained the existing name. Kevin Lynch's club retained the hurling honours won as Dungiven as part of its history.
* = Includes championships won as part of Dungiven GAC
- Derry Senior Hurling Championship
- 1967, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1987, 1986, 1996, 1998, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
Note: The above lists may be incomplete. Please add any other honours you know of.
Derry Hurling Championship winning line-ups:
|Year||Kevin Lynch's line-up in final||Opponent||Ref|
|2008||Brian Lagan; Mark Craig, Conal McCloskey, Eoghin Farren; Paul Sweeney, Liam Hinphey (c), Aaron McCloskey; Ciaran Herron, Kevin Hinphey; Barry Kelly, Emmett McKeever, Geoffrey McGonigle; Fergal McGuigan, Feidhlim Kelly, Ryan O’Kane.
Subs used:Mark McCormick for Barry Kelly (36 mins)
- Kieran McKeever - former Derry dual player
- Brian McGilligan - former Derry dual player
- Geoffrey McGonagle - former Derry dual player
- McCann, Chris (30 September 2008). "Lynch's experience sees them edge out Davitt's". County Derry Post. pp. 94–95.
|This Ulster GAA club related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|