|Date of birth||5 December 1958|
|Place of birth||Bristol, England|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
He played over 100 league games for Bristol City, before joining Crystal Palace in October 1981 in exchange for Terry Boyle. He was their top scorer that season, with eight goals, and helped them avoid a second successive relegation.
He came to national attention on 21 October 1978 when he scored 3 goals for Bristol City in a 3-1 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford. He remains one of only a handful of opposing players to have scored a hat-trick at the home of Manchester United.
- Football League Career Stats at Neil Brown
- "Past players A – D". Swansea City A.F.C. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "1981/82 revisited". holmesdale.net Crystal Palace FC Supporters. 22 June 2009. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "How Bristol City's Kevin Mabbutt silenced United". 2008-10-21. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Bristol City FC :: Citystats - Unofficial archive of results, players and managers". www.citystats.org.uk. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a forward born in the 1950s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|