|Residence||Coeur D'Alene, ID, United States|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
Early years and poker career
Kevin started playing poker during his college years. But in 2003, after Chris Moneymaker won the main event at the WSOP, he decided to make a transition from Magic: the Gathering to playing poker. First he was playing with friends, but then he turned his attention to online poker.
He's been a pro since April 2008, when he broke the PokerStars TLB record and won over $100,000. Ever since he never stopped traveling and playing in live events. He also continues to play online.
In March 2010 Kevin MacPhee won the EPT Berlin Season 6 Main Event. In an interview he said: "I am a luck-sack. What can I say? I ran extremely good and I had the nuts every time someone played back at me." He was 29 years old by that time. This was his first huge poker success. He became really famous and respected afterwards. He has more than 20 notable EPT cashes as he is seen in almost each EPT season since 2008.
In June 2015 he got his first bracelet, winning the Event 56: $5,000 Turbo No-Limit Hold'em for $490,900. In October 2015 he won his 2nd bracelet, winning the WSOP Europe Main Event for $1,001,577.
As of June 2015, his total live tournament winnings exceed $5,500,000.
- "Kevin MacPhee Wins EPT 2010". Pokerstars.com. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- "Kevin MacPhee - Stats - Ranking Hero". RankingHero.com. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- "Kevin MacPhee Wins First WSOP Bracelet". Highstakesdb.com. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- "WSOP NEWS: KEVIN MACPHEE WINS GOLD IN THE 5000 NLHE TURBO". Wsop.com. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- "Kevin MacPhee Wins World Series of Poker $5,000 Turbo Event - Poker News". Cardplayer.com. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- "The King of Berlin: Kevin MacPhee Wins the 2015 WSOP Europe Main Event". Pokernews.com. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- "Kevin MacPhee - Poker index and results of Kevin MacPhee". RankingHero.com. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
|This poker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|