|Birth name||Kevin McDaid|
7 March 1984 |
|Associated acts||V (band)|
Kevin McDaid (born 7 March 1984) is a British singer. Born in Nigeria, he was brought up in England in Newcastle upon Tyne. He was best known as member of the British boy band V, which he joined in 2003 along with four other boys. The band had three fairly successful chart hits during 2004, before splitting up in February 2005, less than a year after their first single was released.
While still an unknown, McDaid posed in explicit nude photographs for the UK-based amateur porn website ladstrip.co.uk. In one series of photographs he engaged in various sexual acts with another man, "Ross", whose own solo pictures can still be found on the site. Due to McDaid's uncertain age at the time the photographs were taken, sites that published them after he came into the limelight were threatened with legal action by lawyers acting for him. "The snaps, which showed him in various steamy clinches, were posted on a gay internet site under the name of "Tight Calvin"...Kevin was only about 17 or 18 at the time."
He is now a professional photographer which include photography for Westlife's albums Where We Are and Gravity, which were released in 2009 and 2010 respectively along with other artists and models. He also did all the photography in Westlife's 2010 tour programme. Other names he has worked with include Lee Ryan, Aaron Renfree, Jedward, Max George (singer) and Alphabeat.
In August 2005, he was announced in The Sun newspaper as the long-term boyfriend of Westlife member Mark Feehily. They had been a couple since January 2005. They got engaged on 28 January 2010, and Feehily confirmed the news via Twitter. The couple own a pet pug named Saffy and French bulldog named Nullah.
In 2011, Feehilly discussed the couple's plans concerning having children together and discussed their marriage plans. Asked if he had given any thought to how the couple might become parents, Feehily replied: "I would take some serious time to look into all the options. Everybody's got their own circumstances, so there's no simple answer about what's going to be right for you or the kid... Asked about his other future plans with McDaid, Feehily replied: "We're best friends and we live together and we're going to get married soon. I can't wait, but we haven't finalised the date."
- "Gay Belfast NewsPage August 2005". Gaybelfast.net. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Gay Belfast News Page August 2005". Gaybelfast.net. Archived from the original on 11 May 2015. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
Westlife star Mark Feehily has announced he is gay, and that he is in a relationship with Kevin McDaid ... Feehily, who is one of the Irish chart topping act’s founding members, made the announcement today in the Sun newspaper, saying he is happy with his sexuality. He added that he is not looking to act as a role model for other gay men. "I am gay and I'm very proud of who I am. I'm not asking for any sympathy or to be a role model to anyone else." he said. The Westlife star says his friends and family are supportive of his sexuality and that he is in a long-term relationship. He has been seeing Kevin McDaid and is in a long-term relationship with the singer, according to the press report. "My close friends and family, the people I love, have been incredibly supportive to me and that's what really matters." Westlife are currently the biggest boyband in Europe, repeatedly hitting the top spot of both single and album charts.
- Crickmer, Gareth (21 August 2005). "SEX SECRET OF WESTLIFE PAL". Sunday Mirror.
WESTLIFE star Mark Feehily's gay lover was a porn star before he tried to break into the showbiz big-time. Pretty boy Kevin McDaid, 21, left, landed himself in hot water with his young fans when he was snapped enjoying romps with an older man just months before forming his first boy band. The snaps, which showed him in various steamy clinches, were posted on a gay internet site under the name of "Tight Calvin".But his secret was exposed when a teenage girl fan recognised him. She discovered the pictures on the web after following a link from his former band Bak2Bak's website. She told her shocked dad who tried to track down Kevin through a college where he had been studying in Newcastle. But college bosses were powerless to act as Kevin had already quit his dancing course to seek fame in London. Last night one of Kevin's college mates said: "The pictures showed him having sex and indulging in other sex acts. No-one could believe he had done this, we were all stunned. He used to tell everyone at college that he liked girls and then the next thing we knew he was putting these pictures on a website."
- Newton, Victoria (19 August 2005). "Mark: Gay & proud of it". London, UK: The Sun. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- Georgina Littlejohn (5 January 2011). "Westlife singer Mark Feehily and Kevin McDaid holiday with Kian Egan and Jodi Albert". London, UK: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Westlife's Mark Feehily and Kevin McDaid Announce Their Engagement". Queeried.co.uk. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Here u go,our two little bitches. Nullah's a French Bulldog &... on Twitpic". Twitpic.com. 24 January 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- Fallen Angel (13 December 2007). "Westlife's Mark appears in Attitude with his boyfriend". AfterElton.com. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Westlife star wants to be a father". Rte.ie. 26 March 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- Andrea Magrath (1 January 2012). "Westlife singer Mark Feehily splits from boyfriend Kevin McDaid after seven years". London, UK: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 11 May 2015.