|Full name||Kevin McHugh|
|Date of birth||19 January 1980|
|Place of birth||Letterkenny, Ireland|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2000||→ Omagh Town (loan)||8||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
McHugh scored and made his debut for Ballybofey-side, Finn Harps, against Fanad United in the League of Ireland Cup as just a novice 17-year-old in August 1998. He went on to make 184 appearances for the side, building up a reputation as one of the deadliest forwards in the Irish game by scoring 110 league goals. In 2005, the striker became one of just five then-current players to join the 38-strong group of players to have scored 100 or more league goals in the modern era.
McHugh scored his 99th and 100th League of Ireland goals at Finn Park on the 22nd of October 2005 as Harps thrashed Longford 5-0 .
Despite the relegation of Finn Harps from the League of Ireland Premier Division, McHugh finished third highest scorer in the 2005 season with 13 goals. He attracted the attention of other clubs, including Shelbourne and Bohemians, before the beginning of the 2006 season.
Only Brendan Bradley has scored more goals than McHugh for Finn Harps. In his first spell at the club, the Killea man scored 122 goals in 248 games for Harps and was top scorer for the club in six successive seasons from 2000/01 until he left Finn Park in 2005.
He was top scorer in the First Division three times in a row with Harps. 
Kevin McHugh signed a two and a half year contract with Linfield in January 2009. Kevin scored his first Linfield goal on his first start with a last gasp winner at home to Institute. He had a set back at the start of the next season, with a serious hamstring injury. This left him sidelined for over 4 months, never recovered and left and returned to Finn Park for their preseason.
Return to Finn Harps
McHugh signed back for Harps in February 2010 
In his first three seasons back with the Ballybofey club he has scored 36 goals, 12 in his first season, 11 in his second and 13 goals in 2012 making him ninth in the all-time League of Ireland goalscoring list with 154 league goals.
In October 2016, McHugh suffered a freak injury while hosting an under-age coaching session in Donegal. When he was jumping over a gate to get a set of goalposts, his wedding ring got caught in the fence and he severed a finger. The finger was too badly damaged to be repaired and the injury ended his football career.
- As of the end of the 2015 season, Kevin is fifth in the all-time League of Ireland goalscoring list with 173 league goals. 
- League of Ireland First Division Player of the Year
- 2002, 2004
- League of Ireland First Division Top Scorer
- "Soccer and GAA join forces to give sportstar McHugh a unique testimonial game". Donegal Daily. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Ireland - List of Topscorers". www.rsssf.com. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "'Could you go back up and get my finger?' Finn Harps' Kevin McHugh on horror injury". Irish Sun. thesun.ie. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Finn Harps footballer Kevin McHugh severs finger". BBC Sport. bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 10 October 2016.