Kevin McIntyre (footballer)
|Full name||Kevin McIntrye|
|Date of birth||23 December 1977|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|1998||→ Barrow (loan)|
|2014–2016||Connah's Quay Nomads||52||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:51, 29 April 2016 (UTC).
Tranmere Rovers & Doncaster Rovers
After failing to establish himself with Tranmere Rovers, McIntyre played in the Football Conference from 1998 to 2004 for Doncaster Rovers (originally on loan, later a permanent deal), Barrow (loan) and Chester City, before the latter's promotion in 2003–04 brought a return for both club and player to Football League circles.
McIntyre was deemed surplus to requirements by Chester, and joined Macclesfield Town in December 2004. He has come back to haunt his former employers by scoring twice in wins against them since, while twice helping Macclesfield avoid relegation out of the Football League on the final day of the season. In May 2007 he signed a fresh two-year deal with the club.
On 3 January 2008 he joined Shrewsbury Town for a fee of £50,000. On 17 January 2009, he broke his leg in the 1–1 draw away to Port Vale, keeping him out almost until the end of the season. But he played in the last few games of the season and scored a crucial goal in the 1–0 play-off semi-final against Bury. This meant the game went to extra time and a penalty shootout which Shrewsbury won after Luke Daniels had an excellent game meaning the Shrews went to Wembley Stadium for the second time in three seasons.
McIntyre was almost ever-present in the 2009–10 season, and in May 2010 he signed a one-year contract extension. At this point he was the oldest player at the club, celebrating his 33rd birthday midway through the season. He was released by Shrewsbury on 23 May 2011 after 4 years at the club.
Connah's Quay Nomads
On 24 July 2014 McIntyre joined Welsh Premier League side Connah's Quay Nomads after trialling for the club in pre-season. He later took up a role as player-coach at the club, before retiring in 2016, at the age of 38.
- Doncaster Rovers
- Chester City
- "McIntyre staying at Macclesfield". BBC Sport. 31 May 2007. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "Doncaster release four". BBC Sport. 1 May 2002. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "Chester snap up two". BBC Sport. 9 May 2002. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "Silkmen closing in on McIntyre". BBC Sport. 24 December 2004. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "One in and one out for Shrewsbury". BBC Sport. 3 January 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2008.
- "McIntyre may return in six weeks". BBC Sport. 20 January 2009. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "Shrews duo sign new deals". Sky Sports. 21 May 2010. Retrieved 5 July 2010.
- "Kevin McIntyre celebrates role as Shrewsbury veteran". BBC Sport. 23 December 2010. Retrieved 8 March 2011.
- "News From Deva Stadium May 2013 - THREE PLAYERS SIGN IN". Chester-City.co.uk. Chester Football Club. 22 May 2013. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "McIntyre joins The Nomads". The Nomads. 24 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Chester FC: Former Blues stalwart Kevin McIntyre moves into coaching at Gap Connah's Quay". Chester Chronicle. 18 November 2015. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "Kevin McIntyre profile". gap Connah's Quay. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- Kevin McIntyre at Soccerway