Minter with the Arizona Cardinals in 2014
December 3, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||246 lb (112 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 45|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Kevin Christopher Minter (born December 3, 1990) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at LSU, where he earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors.
Minter was born in Suwanee, Georgia, the son of Leonard Minter and Willie Mae Hollis. Minter attended Berkmar High School in Lilburn, Georgia for his freshman and sophomore years before transferring to Peachtree Ridge High School in Suwanee for his junior and senior seasons. He was a starter for all four years of his high school career. In his junior year, he had 137 tackles. In his senior year, he had 113 tackles and was named to the Class 5A all-state first team.
Minter enrolled in Louisiana State University, and played for coach Les Miles's LSU Tigers football team from 2009 to 2012. He redshirted the 2009 season. The following year, he had 15 tackles. In 2011, he had 61 tackles and one sack. He had five tackles and a sack in the BCS Championship Game.
In 2012, Minter had 130 tackles, which led the team and was the third-best total in the SEC. He also had 4.0 sacks. He had a career-best 20 tackles and 2.0 sacks against Florida, and his 17 solo tackles versus Florida was an LSU single-game record. In the Chick-fil-A Bowl, he set an LSU bowl game record with 19 tackles. Minter was a Butkus Award finalist, a first team All-SEC selection, and the LSU team MVP. Sports Illustrated named him to their All-American first team. He left LSU after the season to enter the 2013 NFL Draft. He ended his collegiate career with 206 tackles and 5.0 sacks.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in
|9 3⁄8 in
|4.81 s||33 in
|9 ft 11 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Minter was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the second round, with the 45th overall pick, of the 2013 NFL Draft. In his rookie season, Minter contributed as a special teams player as he only played two defensive snaps while making four tackles.
The following year, Minter appeared in all 16 games, starting four and totaling 44 tackles. The next two seasons, he started in all 32 games at linebacker, recording a combined 175 tackles and four sacks.
On March 18, 2017, Minter signed a one-year contract with the Cincinnati Bengals. He played in nine games, starting seven, before suffering a hamstring injury in Week 14. He was placed on injured reserve on December 15, 2017.
New York Jets
- "Kevin Minter Bio". lsusports.net. February 4, 2013. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- "Kevin Minter Profile". recruiting.scout.com. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- "LSU's Reid, Simon, Wing, Ware headed to NFL draft". sportsillustrated.cnn.com. January 4, 2013. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- "Kevin Minter". cbssports.com. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- "Kevin Minter". nfl.com.
- "Kevin Minter". nfldraftscout.com.
- "Arizona Cardinals select Kevin Minter in the second round of NFL draft". azcentral.com. April 26, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- Shook, Nick (March 18, 2017). "Kevin Minter joining Bengals on one-year deal". NFL.com.
- Marcum, Jason (December 15, 2017). "Bengals place Kevin Minter on injured reserve; sign Brandon Bell off practice squad". CincyJungle.com.
- Allen, Eric (April 9, 2018). "Jets Sign LB Kevin Minter". NewYorkJets.com.
- Lange, Randy (August 31, 2018). "Jets Cut 18 Players on Their Way to 53-Player Active Roster". NewYorkJets.com.