Moody was initially influenced by the rock music of her era and by her husband, Clark Staton, whose touring rock bands included Plymouth Rock and Madame Beast. Having grown up with The Brotherhood of Eternal Love in Laguna Beach, California, Moody was interviewed in 2009 by Nicolas Schou for his book (Orange Sunshine/Nicholas Schou/ISBN 978-0-312-55183-4) on the elusive counterculture group. Her friendship with Timothy Leary and her childhood access to Dodge City, home to the Brotherhood in Laguna Beach, California.
Moody attended high school in San Clemente, California,
Moody switched her focus to music management in the early eighties and moved to Hollywood in 1981 . She soon began managing rock group What is This (Alain Johnannes, Jack Irons, Hillel Slovack, Chris Hutchenson, Flea.) What is This broke up in 1986. Hillel Slovack and Jack Irons rejoined the band Red Hot Chili Peppers, who Irons and Slovak were founding members of.
In 1989 Moody married Tim Swenson of Long Beach, Ca. Moody managed Swenson's band Lunchbox, featuring Ron Emory (TSOL) on guitar and London May (Danzig, Sanhain, Tiger Army) and landed the group a recording contract with start-up label Bug Music/Capitol.
In 1996, Moody recorded “Blossom Bone and Still Alone” as the bassist for "Sheppard Pratt" with drummer-guitarist London May (Danzig, SamHain, Tiger Army) and bassist-singer Dannygirl. The pairing of Sheppard Pratt with Tim/Kerr Records (Beck, That Dog, Hole, Dandy Warhols) engineer Tom Grimly and producer Kid Congo (The Cramps Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds).
In 1986 Moody organised a fundraiser for The Sea Shepherds.The Roxy show was headlined by X, Red Hot Chili Peppers, L7 and Bob Forrest Thelonius Monster. The surviving members of What is This continue to make groundbreaking music. Alain Johannes: What is This, 11, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Spinnerettes. Jack Irons: What is This, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Spinnerettes. Flea: Red Hot Chili Peppers.
2004 Kevin Moody moved to Apple Valley, Ca and founded the first roller derby league in the high desert, the High Desert Derby Devils.
- Music Connection / The Managers Hustle / September 1985
- Bam Magazine / Hot Street Managers / April 1984
- What is This / Squeezed / MCA San Andres/ 1983
- What is This / What is This / MCA Records/1985
- What is This / 3 out of 5 Live / MCA Records/ 1984
- Lunchbox/Lunchbox/ Bug-Capitol Records/1985
- Shepard Pratt / Blossom Bone and Still Alone / Tim Kerr Records/ 1986
- "The High Desert Derby Devils take a lap while practicing recently. The newly formed roller derby team: Local News Photo," http://www.highdesert.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=0&id=4023&db=hesperiastar
- Beau Yarbrough, "High Desert Derby Devils bring roller derby to Victor Valley," High Desert News, March 14, 2011 http://www.highdesert.com/articles/derby-26494-vvdailypress-valley-desert.html
- Beatriz Valenzuela, "Roller girls" Victorville Daily Press, July 2, 2010 http://www.vvdailypress.com/articles/girls-20234-something-wasn.html