Kevin Moore (footballer, born 1958)
|Full name||Kevin Thomas Moore|
|Date of birth||29 April 1958|
|Place of birth||Grimsby, England, UK|
|Date of death||29 April 2013(aged 55)|
|Place of death||Hedge End, Hampshire, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|1992||→ Bristol Rovers (loan)||7||(0)|
|1992||→ Bristol Rovers (loan)||4||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Kevin Thomas Moore (29 April 1958 – 29 April 2013) was an English professional footballer.
Born in Grimsby, Lincolnshire, he played for Grimsby Town, Oldham Athletic, Southampton, Bristol Rovers and Fulham. Moore is one of five members of his family to play for Grimsby, including his brothers David and Andy, his father Roy and his uncle Norman.
Illness and death
In January 2010, it was reported that Moore was suffering from Pick's disease, a rare form of dementia, and in need of 24-hour care. To support his care, his former club Southampton organised a charity golf day, while another of his former clubs, Grimsby, played a benefit match to provide for Moore's care. He died on his 55th birthday, 29 April 2013, in Hedge End, Hampshire.
- Grimsby Town
- "Grimsby Town legend Kevin Moore passes away". Grimsby Telegraph. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- Joshua Burch (25 January 2014). "Young Reporter: Our beloved Grimsby Town". Grimsby Telegraph. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Stars rally to help ex-Mariner Kevin Moore, Grimsby Telegraph (20 January 2010), Retrieved on 28 January 2010.
- Simpson, Gordon (29 April 2013). "Ex-Saint Kevin Moore passes away". Southampton: Daily Echo. Retrieved 30 April 2013.