Pierre-Louis with the Chiefs in 2017.
|Born:||October 7, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school:||King Low Heywood Thomas|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 4 / Pick: 132|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Kevin Pierre-Louis (born October 7, 1991) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Boston College. He has also played for the Kansas City Chiefs.
High school career
Pierre-Louis attended King Low Heywood Thomas, which is a private, co-educational day school in Stamford, Connecticut, where he played middle linebacker and fullback. In 2009, he recorded 159 tackles in nine games. He also registered three interceptions, returning two for touchdowns, two sacks, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. Offensively, he rushed for 914 yards and 13 touchdowns on 77 carries. He was selected as the 2009-10 Gatorade Football Player of the Year for the state of Connecticut.
Pierre-Louis attended Boston College from 2010 to 2013, where he played for the Boston College Eagles football team. As a true freshman, he started all 13 games, finishing second on the team with 93 tackles. In 2011, he started the first nine games before missing the last three due to an injury. He still finished second on the team in tackles with 74, added seven tackles for loss, and returned a fumble 96 yards for a touchdown against UMass. In 2012, he started nine games for the Eagles, finishing the season ranked fourth on the team with 85 tackles, including four for loss, two sacks and three pass-break ups. As a senior, he started all 13 games, setting new career highs in tackles (108), tackles for loss (10.5) and sacks (six). He also intercepted his first career pass, returning it 33 yards for a touchdown against Virginia Tech. After the season, he was named a first-team All-ACC.
Pierre-Louis was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth round (132nd overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft. Pierre-Louis made his NFL debut on September 21, 2014 in an overtime win against the Denver Broncos, he recorded one tackle in the game. Pierre-Louis was placed on season-ending injured reserve for a shoulder injury. He finished the season with 10 tackles in seven games.
Kansas City Chiefs
New York Jets
On March 17, 2018, Pierre-Louis signed a two-year contract with the New York Jets. On August 11, 2018, Pierre-Louis was suspended the first game of the 2018 season for violating the NFL's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. He played in nine games before being placed on injured reserve on December 29, 2018.
On February 19, 2019, the Jets declined the option on Pierre-Louis' contract, making him a free agent at the start of the new league year.
Pierre-Louis is of Haitian descent. His father is from Léogâne and his mother's family lives in Port-au-Prince. He has aunts and uncles who still live in Haiti, who operate sugar-cane plantations, ice factories and own buildings which they rent out to the public.
- KLHT standout named Gatorade state player of year
- Kevin Pierre-Louis – Yahoo Sports
- Nine Boston College Players Named To All-ACC Teams
- BC Linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis Drafted In Fourth Round By Seahawks
- "Seahawks place LB Kevin Pierre-Louis on injured reserve, claim DB Loucheiz Purifoy". Seahawks.com. November 28, 2014.
- "Kansas City and Seattle agree to trade linebackers". NFL.com. July 28, 2017.
- "Jets Sign LB Kevin Pierre-Louis". GangGreenNation.com. March 17, 2018.
- Shook, Nick (August 11, 2018). "Jets LB Kevin Pierre-Louis suspended one game". NFL.com.
- Allen, Eric; Greenberg, Ethan (December 29, 2018). "Jets Place CB Morris Claiborne, WR Quincy Enunwa and LB Kevin Pierre-Louis on Injured Reserve". NewYorkJets.com.
- Allen, Eric (February 19, 2019). "Jets Decline Options on LB Pierre-Louis, DT Pennel and S Brooks". NewYorkJets.com.
- "Pierre-Louis a good catch for BC". ESPN Boston. 2010. Retrieved February 1, 2015.