This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||July 4, 1964|
|Residence||San Diego, CA|
|Known for||Founder of Ideahaus, Director of ZIP Idea Lab at San Diego State University, Author of 20YEARS Communications and Satellite Marketing: Using Social Media to Create Engagement|
|Board member of||Board of Advisors, Lavin Entrepreneurship Center, San Diego State University|
Kevin Popović (born July 4, 1964) is an American communications author, and educator. He is the founder and CEO of the creative communications agency Ideahaus, as well as the Director of Idea Lab, part of the Zahn Innovation Platform at San Diego State University.
Popović has written books focusing on communications and engagement, including Satellite Marketing: Using Social Media to Create Engagement (2016) and 20 Years Communications: 20 Leaders 20 Questions, 100s of Lessons (2013)
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Popović was born on July 4, 1964 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Quigley High School in 1982. In 1987, Popović graduated from Pittsburgh's Duquesne University with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Psychology.
Popović studied at Duquesne University from 1998 to 2000 to earn his Master's of Science in Multimedia Technology. Returning to Duquesne University in 2004–2009, his Doctoral Studies were focused on Instructional Technologies. with a dissertation topic focused on "Improving e-Communication through Creativity: Impacting Understanding, Perception and Analysis.”
Popović began his entrepreneurial career as a DJ at Duquesne University in 1982. Performing for fraternity and sorority social events, the business grew into Fairytale Productions, Inc. after Popovic took a part-time sales position at Shady Skates, a skateboard retail shop in Pittsburgh, PA. The position expanded to include marketing events, like the skateboard contest called "Thunderdome" on January 25, 1987. The company closed in 1988.
In 1988, he began working as an Assistant Producer with TGIF Productions, a company that planned and produced national sales meetings and new product roll-outs for Fortune 500 companies. In 1990, Popović founded Kevin Popović Image Design (KPID) in Pittsburgh, a company that focused on integrating new technologies into communications. KPID changed its name to Ideahaus, and referred to itself as a creative communications agency starting in 1991.
From 1998 to 2003, Popović served as adjunct faculty at Duquesne University. In 1999, Popović served as an instructor at The Art Institutes of Pittsburgh and instructed at Howard Community College.
Popović began teaching at San Diego State University (SDSU) in 2014 with a Social Media Strategy course through the College of Extended Studies. In 2015, he began teaching Creativity & Innovation in the College of Business.
- Satellite Marketing: Using Social Media To Create Engagement published on May 24, 2016 by Productivity Press
- 20Years Communications: 20 Leaders, 20 Questions, 100's of Lessons published on June 23, 2013 by Transmedia Publishing
- Creating Engagement in the Classroom: Understanding the Challenges of the Modern Learning Environment
- A View From The Top: The Evolution of Marketing and the Customer Journey
- Popović, K., Smith, D. C., Hellebusch, S. J. (2013). Attitudes on the use of social media in healthcare communications. Journal of Communication in Healthcare, Vol. 6 (1), 22–28.
- Popović, K, & Smith, C. (2010, Vol. 3, No. 2). Tweeting @DoctorWelby: Practical Examples of Social Media in Healthcare. Journal of Communication in Healthcare. (pp. 138–151) W. S. Maney & Sons Ltd 2010.
- The Invisible Mentor Interviews Kevin Popović, Communications Director, Ideahaus
- What It Takes to Build a Brand
- My Quest for the Best - Interview with Kevin Popović
- School for Startups Radio - Ideahaus Kevin Popović & Credit Counseling Christopher Honenberger
- Story Worthy - Award Shows with Kevin Popović
- Nicole Jolie - Interview with Kevin Popović
- Interview with Kevin Popovic, founder of Ideahaus and author of 20Years Communications by Kristine Meldrum Denholm
- The Idea Guy - Facilitating Creative Thinking at SDSU by Tobin Vaughn
- "Aztec Authors: "Satellite Marketing" | NewsCenter | SDSU". newscenter.sdsu.edu. Retrieved May 28, 2016.
- "Interview with Kevin Popovic, founder of Ideahaus and author of 20Years Communications - Ideahaus". ideahaus.com. Retrieved May 28, 2016.
- "NewsCenter | SDSU | Off the Beaten Course: MGT 353". Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- "Ebook: Creating Engagement in the Classroom". thecoursekey.com. Archived from the original on May 29, 2016. Retrieved May 28, 2016.