This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Prince at the 2009 EagleBank Bowl
|High school||Encino (CA) Crespi|
November 28, 1989 |
Los Angeles, California
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kevin Christopher Prince (born November 28, 1989) is a former American football quarterback. He played at Crespi Carmelite High School in Encino, California. He played college football at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Prince was selected by head coach Rick Neuheisel to start the 2009 season opener in the Rose Bowl against San Diego State and won the game 33-14. In that game, he completed 18 of 29 passes for 176 yards and threw 1 interception.
As a freshman, Prince started 11 games and threw for 2,050 yards on the year. He became just the second UCLA quarterback to pass for over 300 yards in three games during the year and is second in many freshman records at UCLA, mostly behind Tommy Maddox. He injured his shoulder in the 2009 EagleBank Bowl.
Prince was team captain for the 2010 season. On September 25, 2010, Prince led the Bruins to an upset victory over then-No. 7 ranked Texas Longhorns 34-12 in front of more than 101,430 fans in Austin, Texas. Previous week, the Bruins were victorious over then-No. 23 Houston Cougars 31-13 at home. He reinjured his shoulder aggravated the previous season and missed 2 games. He then injured his knee and only started 5 games and passed for 384 yards.
Prince finished the 2011 1,828 yards passing with 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. He started 10 games as well but was hurt in 1 of them and missed two games with an injury as well.
Prince had an injury plagued 2012 summer and eventually was beat out in fall practice by freshman Brett Hundley. He only attempted 4 passes on the year and graduated later that year, thus ending his football career.
Prince was known for his injury plagued career that derailed him from being an elite QB. He finished 9 in career passing yards, and 8th in total offense.
Kevin's father is a dentist, who graduated from UCLA. Prince is also a devout Mormon, who delayed his Mormon mission. He married to former UCLA gymnast Tauny Frattone in 2013 and they had a son in 2014.
At the Tennessee game, Prince's right jaw was broken in the final minutes of the game. It took four weeks for it to heal, and he missed two games. He also injured his shoulder in the USC game, which was aggravated late in the 2009 EagleBank Bowl verses Temple.
- Foster, Chris (April 1, 2009). "Kevin Prince ready for his wake-up call at UCLA". LA Times. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- Miller, Ted (April 30, 2009). "Neuheisel installs Prince as No. 1 QB". ESPN. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- Player Bio:Kevin Prince, UCLABruins.com, Sept. 12, 2009
- Yoon, Peter (September 17, 2010). "Kevin Prince arrives at crossroads". ESPN. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- Foster, Chris (November 14, 2009). "UCLA 43, Washington State 7 (final)". LA Times. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- Prince finished the 2011 1,627 yards passing with 10 touchdowns and 7 interceptions.
- Painter, Jill (September 18, 2012). "Prince is teaching UCLA QBs". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- Smith, Marcia (November 25, 2009). "UCLA's Prince knows flavor of Thanksgiving". OC Register. Retrieved November 19, 2014.