This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born:||May 8, 1982|
|High school:||Philadelphia (PA) St. Joseph's Preparatory School|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Head coaching record|
|Regular season:||0–0 (–)|
Kevin Stefanski // (born May 8, 1982) is an American football coach. He is the head coach for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He previously served in various coaching positions for the Minnesota Vikings before being promoted to offensive coordinator in 2019.
Early life and playing career
Stefanski played football at the University of Pennsylvania. He won the Penn Freshman of the Year award in 2000. He was part of the only undefeated Penn team of the decade and was twice an All-Ivy League selection.
Minnesota Vikings assistant
Stefanski joined the Minnesota Vikings in 2006 as an assistant to former Head Coach Brad Childress.
In 2017, after the termination of Scott Turner, Stefanski was promoted to coach the Vikings quarterbacks, where he helped transform the Vikings into the NFL's 10th-highest scoring offense. Quarterback Case Keenum had his best season under Stefanski, throwing 22 touchdown passes and only seven interceptions. He previously worked with the running backs in 2016 and the tight ends in 2014 and 2015.
After offensive coordinator John DeFilippo was fired following a 21–7 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, Stefanski was named interim offensive coordinator. On January 9, 2019, Stefanski was promoted to full-time offensive coordinator.
NFL head coaches under whom Kevin Stefanski has served:
- Brad Childress, Minnesota Vikings (2006–2010)
- Leslie Frazier, Minnesota Vikings (2010–2013)
- Mike Zimmer, Minnesota Vikings (2014–2019)
Head coaching record
|Won||Lost||Ties||Win %||Finish||Won||Lost||Win %||Result|
- Raanan, Jordan (February 11, 2018). "Vikings nix Giants' request to interview, hire Kevin Stefanski for OC, source says". ESPN. Retrieved January 16, 2020.
- Patra, Kevin (December 11, 2018). "Vikings fire offensive coordinator John DeFilippo". NFL.com. Retrieved January 16, 2020.
- Broome, Anthony (January 9, 2019). "Vikings announce Kevin Stefanski as offensive coordinator". Minnesota Vikings. Retrieved January 16, 2020.
- Gribble, Andrew (January 13, 2020). "Kevin Stefanski named Browns head coach". www.clevelandbrowns.com. Retrieved January 14, 2020.