|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Kevin Thomas Harvest Stoney
22 January 1921
Nowgong, Assam, India
|Died||22 January 2008
|Cause of death||Skin cancer|
|Notable work||Mavic Chen in Doctor Who|
He is well remembered by fans of the science fiction series Doctor Who for his roles in three serials—the treacherous Mavic Chen in The Daleks' Master Plan (1965), villainous magnate Tobias Vaughn in The Invasion (1968) and Tyrum in Revenge of the Cybermen (1975). Stoney also appeared in two episodes of another science fiction series, Blake's 7, playing Councillor Joban in the episode Hostage and Ardus in the episode Animals.
Other credits include: The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Saint, Danger Man, The Avengers, Dr. Finlay's Casebook, The Prisoner, Softly, Softly, Man in a Suitcase, The Troubleshooters, Doomwatch, Freewheelers, Z-Cars, The Tomorrow People, Ace of Wands, Special Branch, The Onedin Line, Fall of Eagles, Space: 1999, The New Avengers, Quatermass, Bergerac, All Creatures Great and Small, The Bill and in the highest rated episode of Inspector Morse.
In 1985, it was reported in the Doctor Who fan magazine DWB that Kevin Stoney had died at the age of 64, but in 1987, Stoney made an appearance at a Doctor Who convention to prove he was very much alive, to the shock of the fans. He retired in 1993.
- Interpol (1957) - Policeman (uncredited)
- How to Murder a Rich Uncle (1957) - Bar Steward
- Return of a Stranger (1961) - Wayne
- Shadow of the Cat (1961) - Father (uncredited)
- Cash on Demand (1961) - Detective Inspector Bill Mason
- Strongroom (1962) - Police Sergeant
- Jigsaw (1962) - Mr. Gardner (uncredited)
- The Boys (1962) - Police Inspector who is quizzed by QCS at the Trial (uncredited)
- On the Run (1963) - Wally Lucas
- Murder at the Gallop (1963) - Doctor Markwell
- The Blood Beast Terror (1968) - Granger
- The Assassination Bureau (1969) - Blind Beggar (uncredited)
- Guns in the Heather (1969) - Enhardt
- All Quiet on the Western Front (1979) - Hollerstein (uncredited)
- Ivanhoe (1982) - Fitzurse
- The Dresser (1983) - C. Rivers Lane
- Pope John Paul II (1984) - Bishop Dygat
- Ordeal by Innocence (1985) - Solicitor
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | STONEY, Kevin". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- "Kevin Stoney". www.thegazette.co.uk.
- "kevin stoney, guardian of the solar system - zone-sf.com". www.zone-sf.com.
- "Kevin Stoney". www.bafta.org.
- Gaughan, Gavin (17 April 2008). "Kevin Stoney" – via The Guardian.
- "Obituaries round-up - Obituaries - The Stage". 13 February 2008.
- "Hostage (1979)".
- "Animals (1981)".
- "Kevin Stoney". www.aveleyman.com.
- "Kevin Stoney". bbc.co.uk. 6 February 2008. Retrieved 6 February 2008.