|Occupation||Film editor, director|
Kevin Tent is an American film editor and director. Tent has been elected to membership in the American Cinema Editors (ACE) and serves as a member of the board. Kevin Tent is best known for being Alexander Payne's go-to film editor on films such as Nebraska, The Descendants, Sideways, and Election. Tent has been nominated for an Academy Award for best editing for The Descendants and won an ACE Eddie award for the same film and received three other ACE Eddie Award nominations for Election, Sideways and About Schmidt. In addition to his career in editing, Tent also co-directed two films, Ultra Warrior (1990) and Blackbelt II (1993), and directed the 2017 film Crash Pad.
Tent's early life was spent near Buffalo, New York. He began his career editing educational films, then moved into the world of low-budget horror films, working on several projects with legendary producer Roger Corman. Tent has since gone on to edit many high-profile films.
|Basket Case 2||Frank Henenlotter|
|1996||Citizen Ruth||Alexander Payne|
|1999||Election||Alexander Payne||ACE Eddie Award nomination|
|Girl, Interrupted||James Mangold|
|2002||About Schmidt||Alexander Payne||ACE Eddie Award nomination|
|2004||The Clearing||Pieter Jan Brugge|
|Sideways||Alexander Payne||ACE Eddie Award nomination|
|2007||Mr. Woodcock||Craig Gillespie|
|The Golden Compass||Chris Weitz|
|2009||Hung||Alexander Payne||Pilot episode|
|The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard||Neal Brennan|
|2011||The Descendants||Alexander Payne||Academy Award nomination|
|2019||Semper Fi||Henry Alex Rubin|
Awards and nominations
- 2014 - American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie nomination - Best Edited Feature Film - Comedy or Musical Nebraska
- 2012 - Academy Award Nomination - Best Achievement in Film Editing - The Descendants
- 2012 - American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie award winner - Best Edited Feature Film - Dramatic The Descendents
- 2005 - American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie nomination - Best Edited Feature Film - Comedy or Musical - Sideways
- 2003 - American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie nomination - Best Edited Feature Film - Dramatic - About Schmidt
- 2000 - American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie nomination - Best Edited Feature Film - Comedy or Musical - Election
- American Cinema Editors (ACE) Official Website
- "Kevin Tent - Awards". IMDb. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- "Kevin Tent". IMDb. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (October 21, 2015). "Domhnall Gleeson, Thomas Haden Church, Christina Applegate Starring in Rom-Com 'Crash Pad' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Leopold, Todd. "The CNN Profile: Invisible Oscar nominee makes the cut". cnn.com.
- "Anne Coates and Kevin Tent on Editing Movies". Iofilm.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-03-05.