||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
November 25, 1991 |
Danville, California, United States
|Occupation(s)||Singer, television host|
|Labels||XING Entertainment, NH Media, Avex Trax|
|Associated acts||XING, U-KISS|
|Revised Romanization||U Seong-hyeon|
Kevin was born and raised in Danville, California, United States, where he lived with his parents and older sister. He attended Monte Vista High School and was in the school choir. After auditioning in Korea during a holiday trip, he was scouted[by whom?] and thus decided to be a singer. At the age of 15, Kevin moved to South Korea with his mother to pursue his dream. Kevin is a Christian.
Kevin debuted in the four-member group Xing alongside Marumir (otherwise known as Kim Kibum), Yume and Cheon Hyesung. Xing's first single "In Your Hands" was released on December 14, 2006. Their popularity quickly rose and they were dubbed as the teenage SG Wannabe. After the release of T-Express in April 2008, Woo, the only original member left in XING, decided to depart from the group.
Kevin then became a member of then six-member group, U-KISS. They debuted on August 15, 2008 in Japan at the Power of Atamix. The group released their first mini album, N-Generation, on September 3, 2008.
Kevin sang Finally featuring Alexander (December 2009), a song composed by Brave Brothers.
Starting on January 5, 2011, Kevin participated in the musical On Air Live as the lead actor. He acted in a total of 26 shows between his first stage as stated and his last stage on February 14, 2011.
On October 12, 2011 it was revealed that Kevin and Eli of U-KISS would collaborate with Avex artist JAMOSA for her single "Together". The single was released on December 7 and the trio held release events at Lazone Kawasaki Plaza (December 9), Osaka Senri Selcy (December 10) and Asunal Kanayama (December 11). The song "Together" was then selected as the theme song for BeeTV's "sweetTV".
In 2012, Kevin and Soohyun sang "Remember", a song originally by the group UN. It was used as soundtrack for the drama series Syndrome.
Kevin has several MC credits to his name. He joined Arirang (TV network)'s radio show Pops in Seoul to host the 'All About You' segment alongside co-host Kim Isak. Alexander later joined the duo in the hosting. Eli joined them as a new co-host in early 2010, replacing Isak. Kevin and Alexander were also selected as new MC's for Arirang (TV network) music show "The M-Wave" in early August. As of March 17, 2011, U-Kiss' Kevin, Eli, and former member Alexander no longer MC for Arirang's Radio School. With the group's loss of former members Alexander and Kibum, and the release of their 2011 album, Arirang etched out Radio School, replacing it with an alternate program. Mid-2011, Kevin was selected to MC the Korean Music Wave in Singapore alongside Miss A's Min, as well as Korean Music Wave in Malaysia, with fellow U-KISS member Dongho. Later in November 2011, Kevin and Eli were selected as MC's for Mnet's English language version of MCountdown, called US MCountdown.
Five members, Soohyun, Kibum, Kiseop, Dongho and Kevin were announced to be part of drama I Am Legend, acting as a rock band. This marked their acting debut, where members would get to show their musical talent by playing instruments they are good at. Kevin was to play the guitar. Fans have noted that they did not appear in the drama. No officials stood out to explain the issue.
In a Japanese survey through popular fortune-telling site Cocoloni, Kevin was ranked as the number one luckiest Hallyu star for 2012. 100 fortune-tellers participated in the survey, predicting the stars' fortunes through zodiac, blood type and other methods. When Kevin received the news, he stated: "I'm honored to be ranked first. I want to make this really happen this year. U-KISS will go on a Japanese tour and we will also release our album. Please keep supporting us and help us rank first on the Oricon chart." 
U-KISS members Soohyun, Eli, Kiseop and Kevin participated in the drama KPOP The Ultimate Audition, having small cameo appearances in three episodes acting as a senior idol group to the main cast.
On February 1, 2013, U-KISS was scheduled to hold a fan party in Jakarta, Indonesia, but due to bad weather and flooding, the event was postponed until April. Members Kevin and Soohyun traveled to Jakarta to hold a charity event and auction their personal items and signed CDs. Two albums were auctioned live with total sales of Rp3.500.000 (roughly 350USD). They also met with Indonesian children who were affected by the floods and expressed their desire to inspire people to help those in need.
On April 22, 2013, sub-unit group uBEAT debuted with their first mini-album and title track "I Should Have Treated You Better" "있을 때 잘해줄걸" composed by hit-maker, Brave Brothers. Their first stage was at MNET M!Countdown’s special global edition in Taiwan. uBEAT consists of U-KISS members Eli and AJ, with Kevin featuring as their main vocalist on their debut album.
U-KISS members Kevin and Soohyun were selected to appear in the Korean adaptation of musical "Summer Snow" alongside Super Junior's Sungmin, Supernova's Sungjae, SS501's Heo Young-saeng and FT Island's Seunghyun. Their appearances lasted from April 2013 to June 2013. This is Kevin's second musical.
- KBS World. U-KISS. March 13, 2008. Retrieved September 3, 2008.
- "YouTube Link".
- oricon. JAMOSA, U-KISS First Collaboration. October 12, 2011. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- musicman-net.com. JAMOSA+KEVIN&ELI(U-KISS), "Together" Selected as BeeTV's Theme Song. December 19, 2011. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- korea.com. U-Kiss releases a beautiful ballad, “Remember”. February 29, 2012. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- Arirang. Arirang. February 8, 2009. Retrieved February 8, 2009.
- MSN News. Alexander & Kevin chosen to be Arirang TV Music Show's MC's. August 2, 2010. Retrieved August 2, 2010
- Kevin's Twitter Kevin's Twitter Update. June 12, 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- viki.com Lineup announced for Korean Music Wave 2011 in Malaysia. August 30, 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- @US_MCountdown. US_Mcountdown.
- Nate News. U-KISS become acting idols, 5 members to debut in drama. July 27, 2010. Retrieved July 27, 2010.
- allkpop. U-KISS transform into Vampires. January 11, 2010. Retrieved January 11, 2010.
- korea.com. Japan predicts luckiest Hallyu stars for 2012. January 18, 2012. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- news.nate.com. "KPOP Ultimate Survival" U-KISS. April 22, 2012. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- korea.com. U-KISS Trip To Indonesia Postponed, Members To Donate Their Personal Belongings. February 01, 2013. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- "유키스 유닛 유비트, 오는 25일 대만서 첫 무대 '기대↑'". m.news.naver.com. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- Official website (Korean)