Kevin Young (ice hockey)
July 16, 1982 |
White Rock, B.C., Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
Étoile Noire de Strasbourg
A native of White Rock, British Columbia, Young spent five seasons of major junior hockey in the Western Hockey League and the Ontario Hockey League. He then went to play CIS hockey with the University of New Brunswick, where in his rookie season he was recognized for his outstanding play when he was awarded the 2004 Clare Drake Award as the CIS Rookie of the Year.
As a professional, Young has played in both North America and Europe, with locations including the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, and France.
During the 2012–13 season Young played in the Central Hockey League (CHL) with the Wichita Thunder where he scored 24 goals and 35 assists for 59 points, and was named the CHL's Most Outstanding Defenceman.
On August 29, 2013, the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL signed Young for the 2013–14 season. In 56 games with the Eagles, Young produced 6 goals and 35 points from the blueline before suffering a first round defeat in the playoffs.
On June 12, 2014, Young opted to sign a one-year contract with the Allen Americans of the ECHL. In the 2014–15 season, Young contributed with 8 goals and 44 points from the blueline, ranking 8th in the league amongst defenseman and later helped the American capture their first Kelly Cup Championship.
Awards and honours
|Clare Drake Award - CIS Rookie of the Year||2003–04|||
|Netherlands Best Defenceman||2010–11|||
|All-CHL Team (First Team All-Star)||2012–13|||
|CHL Most Outstanding Defenceman||2012–13|||
- "CHL awards announced". Wichita Thunder. 2013-04-01. Archived from the original on August 8, 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Americans sign former CHL outstanding defenseman winner Kevin Young". Allen Americans. 2014-06-12. Archived from the original on July 13, 2014. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "Royals sign forward Riley Armstrong, acquire Young". Reading Royals. 2015-10-19. Retrieved 2015-10-19.
- CIS Rookie of the Year "Clare Drake Award"
- Netherlands Best Defenceman
- Kevin Young career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Kevin Young career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|